cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Cover Fx Love!

cover fx.jpg

So I tried to look for but did not find a thread dedicated to Cover FX.

Anyone on here love this brand? I feel like this brand is not talked about much but has some real gems, and the products are supposedly good for you, or at least sensitive-skin friendly. 

Since so many other brands have a thread dedicated to them, I figured I'd make one for Cove FX. 😃

I personally love the Illuminating Powder: I've had the smaller size for forever and it's still going strong. I know a lot of you love the illuminating drops.

Re: RE: Cover Fx Love!

Hi, @TheAndiShow!  I read your post about Cover FX foundation.  Do you still wear this brand?  Your post doesn't say if you use the cream or the liquid(?) in the tube.  I've always used a liquid foundation, but am curious about using a cream.  Either way, according to the Color IQ, I would be around an N20 in both.  Any comments you'd like to share regardless of the version you use?  Thanks!  🙂

RE: Re: RE: Cover Fx Love!

Hi there! The app doesn’t notify when I have a response so I just saw this. I use a LOT of their products. I use the Cream Cover Foundation, everything in their primer box sampler, their mineral pressed powder, I’ve used the foundation drops. Amazing, amazing brand. Provides everything from light to full coverage and is buildable. I would recommend trying the cream cover with the primer sampler box. The translucent powder that comes in it serves as well as the mineral pressed powder and you’ll spend less money.

@Titian06  I use the Natural Finish Foundation in P20.  It goes on smoothly and I love that you can keep it light or build it up to full coverage foundation.  I am interested in trying Power Play as I hear it looks more matte while Natural Finish gives a slightly dewy look.  However, I understand that Power Play works well for combo skin and maybe a little drying on those with dry skin.  Pigment across the line is great.  I can pick a P20 in another finish such as Power Play and it is the P20 color I expect.  I also use their pressed finishing powder for touch-ups during the day (light/translucent) and I set my foundation with their pressed finishing powder in translucent light.  The finishing powder goes on well and doesn't settle into pores or lines.  Hope that helps.  

Hi, @MCSSavvy!  Thank you for the info on Cover FX foundations!  I ended up purchasing Power Play in N20 directly from the company (before it was available from Sephora).  I've been using it for a while now and I am very happy with my purchase.  The color is the right shade and the finish is a natural looking matte.  It's not so matte you look like a piece of cardboard, but it's definitely not satiny or dewy either.  I bought the blotting powder in transluscent/light, but it's too yellow and too dark.  At least I found a foundation!

Re: Cover Fx Love!

I know some of you ladies were wondering where this product went. It is on sale on CoverFx Direct!18871276_10155105242736999_668976179_n.jpg

@Maria88 Thank you. I was hoping it would return to Sepho...

@Maria88 Thank you. I was hoping it would return to Sephora so I can get the points for purchase. Still no luck. I'm close to being out so I need to grab it on Cover FX.

Awesome @Maria88. I will check the site today.

Awesome @Maria88. I will check the site today.

Re: @Maria88 Thank you. I was hoping it would return to Sepho...

@IndyQT317 Oh man I thought this thread had been killed when the new beauty community rolled out. I actually thought of you the other day: cover fx direct had these on sale for 50%! You should check to see if that still applies 

ATTN: Cover FX Fans in the LA Area!

There's an interactive event on 5/19 from 11am-5pm. The actual workshop is 2 hours long, but you can pick a time slot from 11am-1pm, 1pm-3pm and 3pm-5pm.

Anyone going? My friend and I will be there, but I would have preferred that it was on the weekend. I'm not sure why they picked a Friday TBH.

It should be fun though!

Spoiler
You can buy the tickets through Gilt City at $30 each: giltDOTcom/city/los-angeles/offer/coverfxlamay17

If you're new, you can use code "WELCOME20" to get 20% off. The code "FBCITY30" might work for existing users, but it has to be assigned to your account. I tried "FBCITY30" and it didn't work for me. 

upload_5788467695803022109.jpg

I hear so many people talking about the cover fx bronxers, specifically in "suntan" but they seem to be OOS everywhere and have been for some time now. Does anyone know what's happening with them by chance? Hope they're not getting discontinued.

Love the talc free loose setting powder 🙂

This might be a dumb question, but how do I remove both sticks from the CoverFX click stick? I can only seem to remove one at a time.

New primer!IMG_0318.JPG

Direct! If you dont have an account let me know so I can give you a referral! They have a cash back for points program. 😃coverfx.jpg

Hi Maria,

I am interested in joining Cover FX reward program. Can you send me a link so we both can receive points?

Thanks,

Riley

I recently went back to use my Cover FX custom cover drops and noticed that they had dried out. When I say they dried out, what I mean is that they are no longer a thin liquidy consistency which is compatible with the dropper, but rather the consistency of a thick liquid foundation. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you remedy it? 

Mixing with saline solution was a success!

Ugh this happens to me with every bottle. The last time I opened a new Custom Cover bottle (which had the proper liquidy consistency), I transferred a small about to an eye dropper bottle so that I could use that instead of opening and closing the big bottle daily, hoping that would prevent it from drying out. No dice: the big bottle was still much drier when I went to refill my dropper bottle after a couple of months. 😞

What I did was pipe some serum (just a Hyaluronic Acid serum I had) into the big bottle, and shake it around. This helps loosen it some, but not all the way back to its original consistency. (Makes sense, as the serum I used was thicker than the initial consistency to begin with.) It does help me get it out of the bottle more easily though.

I've heard you can just add some saline solution or other makeup mixer in to thin it out, but I haven't tried.

I LOVE the Custom Cover Drops and wish this didn't happen. It still works well as a foundation, but I can't help feeling like the end result is a bit cakier and less skin-like after it thickens. (May be psychological though.) It's almost a deal-breaker for me. 😞

I happened to be by a Sephora on Friday (which doesn't happen as much as I would like), so I had an SA make me a sample of halo. (I really wanted to see if it worked for me or not prior to the 15% off sale.)

I'm going to try it mixed with sunscreen today, and report back. Should I try it all-over first, or should I try celestial mixed with sunscreen on one side, and halo mixed with sunscreen on the other side to compare the two side-by-side?

If you're not going out Id say try both! Mostly because I am curious about how they compare 😃

@Maria88 I actually didn't notice too much of a difference with halo applied to one side, and celestial applied to the other. 

Halo does seem a bit runnier. I think I am okay just to own celestial. They look too similar on me (mixed with sunscreen and under matte foundation and powder) to warrant purchasing halo, as well. 

I tried the halo only all-over (mixed with sunscreen). In some different lights, there was a bit of a more bluish cast than when I wear celestial. 

I only have one class tomorrow, so I will see about applying each to one half of my face. I don't really mind if there's a slight difference. (Probably no one will notice, or else they are looking at my face too closely. :P)

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 6.29.53 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 1.26.56 PM.png
  • cover fx.jpg
  • IMG_0106.PNG
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 11.58.11 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 2.25.04 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 9.24.41 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 10.22.33 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 7.39.04 PM.png