cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Cover Fx Love!

cover fx.jpg

So I tried to look for but did not find a thread dedicated to Cover FX.

Anyone on here love this brand? I feel like this brand is not talked about much but has some real gems, and the products are supposedly good for you, or at least sensitive-skin friendly. 

Since so many other brands have a thread dedicated to them, I figured I'd make one for Cove FX. 😃

I personally love the Illuminating Powder: I've had the smaller size for forever and it's still going strong. I know a lot of you love the illuminating drops.

Re: Cover Fx Love!

if anyone could swatch holo mixed with a semi-matte or matte foundation, i'd SO appreciate it! 

@unfungirl I didn't forget you!

Hopefully you can see - I can't get great light - This is EL Double Wear with Halo on my arm:

IMG_9229.JPG

@Tamara76 I was wondering what double wear would look like mixed with Halo since I just bought Halo. Thanks for the picture. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

You are very welcome!  I hope you love Halo, too! ❤️  @MariekeBT

@Tamara76 When you mix it in with your foundation, can you tell if there's a shift? As in, if I apply it to my face with my foundation, will I look like I am turning into Violet after she ate the gum?

@makeitup305 LOL!  No, it's just glowy, not purple.  I think it looks natural (at least no one has said I look like a blueberry at a family bbq I attended yesterday).

@Tamara76  THANK YOU!! it's so gorgeous omg. i must have it!! you're the best!

You are very welcome!  @unfungirl

@Tamara76 Ooo, can you also take a pic of celestial mixed with that foundation so that we can compare? 

Thank you for the pic!

@Heatoyos1  Sadly I don't have Celestial. :(. But now I am also very curious! 🙂

@Tamara76 You and me both! 😄

If anyone could swatch Moonlight alongside Rose Gold, I would appreciate it. I originally purchased Moonlight because I wanted a rose gold highlighter. I'm wondering if the difference between the two is really all that great.

Can someone please compare halo to celestial? 

I have celestial (and love it), but am wondering if halo would look even better. 

I wear one-two drops mixed with product and applied all-over the face. I really want that "glow from within" look. 

I have fair Asian skin, and blue tones look better on me (blue-toned reds look better than orange-toned red lipsticks, silver looks better on me than gold, my veins look more blue than green, etc.) 

Here you go: 

IMG_7318.JPG

(top to bottom/right to left): halo, celestial, moonlight)

I guess halo has more of a violet shimmer in blue, like Milk Makeup Supernova. Celestial has pinky shimmer in silver, like Cargo Champagne. Moonlight is like Julep Sheer Glow.

Actually, here are swatches of all three with what I think are good matches in stick highlighter form:

IMG_7323.JPG

The milk highlighter stick might be a smidge more violet where halo is slightly bluer. The cargo highlighter stick might be a smidge pinker where celestial is slightly more silver. 

Nothing beats these in terms of shine though. You can make them shine a little or a lot, much more than any highlighter stick.

@purly Thank you so much! I just bought celestial, but I may have to pick up halo. 😄

Here are some of my really quick thoughts on Halo. It’s super beautiful in real life! Easy to apply and you can certainly amp up the intensity. I am happy I was able to get this early. Thanks @Randell for the pm! I love it! @ZombieMetroAnt

So it is blue but it seems to pull more violet once on my face (bare skin).

More intense and blue/violet than the Milk Holographic Stick (although colors are very similar)

More violet than KVD’s Alchemist Amethyst

More intense and violet than ABH Moon Child Blue Ice (and no glitter)

Very similar to ABH Moon Child Purple Horseshoe (and no glitter) except it looks like halo has a tad of fuchsia when I move and look at them side by side. It’s hard to explain.

Halo heavy swatch, Halo light swatch

Spoiler
Halo Heavy + Light.jpeg

Halo, Milk Holographic stick

Spoiler
Halo + Milk Holo.jpeg

Halo, KVD, ABH

Spoiler
Halo + KVD + ABH1.jpg

Halo + MAC Soft Frost

Spoiler
Halo + MAC Soft Frost.jpeg

Halo + Pat McGrath Skin Fetish pink

Spoiler
Halo + PM.jpeg

OMG so many pretty swatches!

@veronika23 holy highlighter heaven!! thanks for all of these! i really want halo, but i'm dying to see how it looks mixed into tinted moisturizer or foundation! 

have you tried that yet?

@unfungirlnp 🙂 and no I haven't tried that yet 😞

ok!! let me know if you do plese 🙂

@unfungirl  I thought I had a more matte foundation on hand but seems I only have very luminous one that you probably couldn't see the drop mixed in 😞

Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 6.29.53 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 1.26.56 PM.png
  • cover fx.jpg
  • IMG_0106.PNG
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 11.58.11 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 2.25.04 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 9.24.41 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 10.22.33 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 7.39.04 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 7.37.39 PM.png