Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

shampoo?

i recently got my hair colored  and it got really damaged. that my ends look like this “〰️“ i wanted to know what shampoo or conditioner would treat my dry, brittle, and damaged hair but also are color safe!

Re: shampoo?

@stephanieJglz 

Coloured or bleached? Very different chemical processes. 

bleached sorry

@stephanieJglz 

Your best remedy is going to be a cut. When you lighten your hair this is what happens (I’m going to try to explain via symbols). 

Before lightening     During         After 

|                      |  |               | |

Bleach blasts the cuticle wide open to allow the chemical process to take place. The cuticle does eventually go back to being “|” but if your hair is badly damaged by bleach (for instance someone who did it at home and didn’t know what they were doing) the cuticle can remain blasted open. This is when hair just breaks right off. You’ll notice how after you lighten your hair, it feels a bit thicker for a few days..your cuticles remain open for about 72 hours. *Sometimes* the ends of the hair as they are the oldest just can’t recover, they need to be cut off. 

After that I would recommend Redken Bleach Recovery Lamellar Treatment with Redken All Soft Shampoo. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing