Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Tips and Tricks for an oily scalp/hair

Does anyone have any recommendations/tips to prevent your hair from getting oily so fast? I was my hair every 3-4 days but by day two it’s already greasy and then I see some people go like two weeks without washing their hair. I understand dry shampoo is an option but that dosent help the root cause/ need for it. Anyone have any tips or product recommendations? Thanks!

Re: Tips and Tricks for an oily scalp/hair

I used to have the same issue. Replaced my conditioner with hair serum that I leave in and once a week I do a treatment. Conditioner and me….big no no. Oribe Bright Blonde Essential Priming Hair Serum 3.4 oz/ 100 mL  Oribe Bright Blonde Radiance & Repair Treatment 4.2 oz/ 125 mL 

Re: Tips and Tricks for an oily scalp/hair

@earb 

1. Wash twice.  Use a clarifying shampoo or scrub at least once a week as the first wash.

2. Make sure you are washing your scalp, not your hair.  Make sure you are using enough shampoo that it is getting on your scalp and not getting "lost' in your hair.

3. Minimize the number/amount of product you use between shampoos. Every so often, let your hair air dry so that you can evaluate what styling products you actually need.

3. Products that I have had good results from include OUAI Detox Shampoo , K18 Biomimetic Hairscience PEPTIDE PREP™ Clarifying Detox Shampoo 8.5 oz / 250 mL , Kérastase Genesis Anti Hair-Fall Hydrating Shampoo 8.5 oz / 250 mL (the one for normal to oily hair), and Kérastase Energizing Scrub: Purifying Scrub for Oily Scalp 8.5 oz/ 250 mL .

4. Wash your hair when you need to; don't get too hung up on how often you are washing it compared to other people.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing