Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Suggestions for oily hair

Hi everyone, I need some suggestions. I have super oily hair, and I know you’re not supposed to wash your hair everyday but mine gets so greasy that I wash everyday. If I don’t wash it, the whole day it’s super greasy/oily and is super flat and doesn’t feel good. I’ve tried dry shampoo, and almost nothing works. The best one I’ve tried so far is the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo , but even that one leaves me with some grease. I was hoping I could get suggestions either for good dry shampoo brands that are good for extra oily hair, or if there are other products/strategies to use so I don’t have to wash my hair everyday anymore. Thanks

Re: Suggestions for oily hair

Hi,

I have been dealing the extremely Oily hair for about 7+years. After trying all the remedies I could find like apple cider vinegar rises, not washing my hair for 10+ days so it could try and natural clean, and a hair dresser telling me that my hair need moisture so use products that help hydrate your hair, and blasting my head with freezing cold water. After doing this for about 6 years I final went and dyed me hair and it actually worked (I was very reluctant to do this as I liked the my natural colour and I had only seen one post online of it working). I can now go about 2-3 days without washing my hair. 

As for products I use and my routine now:

- Double Wash my Hair with Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo 12.5 oz / 369 mL 

- Every 5-10 washes I use the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL (when I first started I used it every 2-3 washes, now I can judge if my scalp needs a deep clean or not)

- For conditioner I use Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Conditioner 12.5 oz / 369 mL , make sure to only put it on the ends of your hair 

- After each step I make sure that the all the product is out of my hair

- I then put my hair up in a microfibre towel and let it dry like that for about 30-60min

- I usually blow dry my hair as I find it helps my hair look less greasy on day 2

- The final product I use in my hair is Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Biotin Dry Shampoo 1.7 oz/ 50 mL , I only use this on day 2 or 3 as I don't what product build-up ( try applying it liberally the night before and not rubbing it in, I find it makes a difference)

Hope this helps!

I have the same issue ! Hopefully I can help, I have oily hair and get some dryness with a bit of itchy due to the oil and sweat combo, I read somewhere that hair oils are good so I try to let them gather for 2 days max but anyways  I once a week use head and shoulders and switched to a garnier shampoo damage eraser fortifying shampoo, (I also let my hair get a good oil for 1 day ).... the dry shampoo that helps me is dove ! I am not a fan of all their products but their sry shampoo is my favorite honestly. I used a travel size to test it out and i ended up buying a second can before the other ran out. I hope this helps you. 

I have the same problem. I usually wash every other day but that’s as long as I can go. I haven’t found a shampoo that works. I’ve used a bunch of different dry shampoos and the one that works best for me is the Morrocanoil dark tones dry shampoo (I have dark hair). It works so much better than anything else I’ve tried. My hair feels and looks better and I don’t think the price point is bad. 

Hi @miyalauryn, I'm in the same boat as you, my hair is really prone to oiliness. The Living Proof dry shampoo is great, and a good alternative is the Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo. If you are interested in a more budget friendly product, a lot of drugstores carry Batiste and I have to say it's a pretty good dry shampoo too. I would also be on the lookout for Sephora Favourite sets for dry shampoos, they often do these sets throughout the year with deluxe sizes of dry shampoos from other brands, I find it's a great way to try some different products at a reasonable price point.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing