Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Straight/Wavy Hair

Hia I’m someone who has straight to wavy hair I always been wanting to get products for my hair especially since I noticed that it’s been getting dry from the tips after I brush it. I want the best advice for tools or products to make my hair especially for after showering it without making it look oily. I want my hair to look healthy. My hair is also long and it is dyed. I never really know how take care of my hair or how to start. I always put the products that my sister and mom use but they have curly hair. Any advice?

Re: Straight/Wavy Hair

depending on your age, it could just now be starting to get curly/wavy! i recommend cutting it, buying a sulfate-free shampoo, using cold water when you condition (and ONLY then brushing it), letting it air dry, and THEN applying hair oil. Shea Moisture's "purple rice water strength and color shampoo" and Garnier Fructis' "sleek and shine anti-frizz serum" yield great results. Make sure you're only shampooing the roots of your hair, conditioning the bottom half, and washing it every OTHER day as opposed to every single day! i only say this bc i made those very mistakes and suffered from frizz. good luck!

Re: Straight/Wavy Hair

Hi there I’ve had what I thought was poker straight fairly long hair most of my life but it’s actually got a nice wave. I’m just now getting half decent at taking care of it. I use the Moroccan oil volumizing shampoo as my particular hair is quite fine. I only use about a dime and shampoo just the scalp before I condition with the same conditioner. I’ve never found a need for hair masks as long as I trim regularly. I do add a bit of Moroccan oil when I blow dry or use heat. Most of the time I air dry with a styling cream, I like Sephora’s brand as well as Moroccan oils. I also recently purchased the Drybar brush crush which has taken my straightening time down to five minutes but if you have thick hair you may need different tools. Your Sephora rep or stylist can help. I think what I’ve learned is trial and error and that when you find something that works stick with it!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing