Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Shampoo for dry climate?

What’s your go to shampoo for a dry climate? I have tried SO many products and my hair is just beyond greasy. I have a mixture of thin/thick hair. I am not looking for oils or dry shampoos. 

To note I have tried:

Maui Moisturizer (hibiscus, hemp, & coconut)

kaviar- anti-aging, bond repair, volum

dry bar- sake bomb, charcoal scrub

Pantene

They work for a few months but then make the bottom layers of my hair greasy and overall my hair looks super flat and just gross. 

please help save my hair! I am not sure what to do anymore. 

Re: Shampoo for dry climate?

I like the Christophe Robin Purifying Scalp Scrub with Sea Salt 8.4 oz/ 250 mL and the Kérastase Energizing Scrub: Purifying Scrub for Oily Scalp 8.5 oz/ 250 mL .  Kerastase's Soleil shampoo and mask are other favorites. The shampo does a good job cleansing without being drying, and the mask is not too heavy. You can get them on the Kerastase web site. Sephora no longer carries them.

The kerastase resistance shampoo is amazing. I recommend washing your hair 2-3 times in the shower with this until it really suds up and gets any build up out

@brittbby254 Okay, so I'm probably for sure not supposed to promote a product that isn't available from Sephora, but I've been in your position and feel what you're dealing with so I'm just going to quietly share that when I moved from Ohio to Colorado, Aveda's Sap Moss saved the day. It's an insanely light moisturizing shampoo and even after the first use, my hair came back to life. 

And now I'm going to quietly dip out before I get in trouble. 😂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing