Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Red Hair Help - Natural Blonde becomes Ginger

NaturalBlonde turned #Ginger (See bottom of page for photos of colour) for the last 9 months, and I love what the colour does for my skin tone, however my hair refuses to keep colour, especially the vibrant copper that i leave the salon with. I normally will go to the salon every 5 weeks for a refresh. However while doing my part with #PhysicalDistancing im struggling hard. Apart from washing every 3 days ( I have thinner hair so can you say slick greasy by day 3) washing with cold water, and using the only red colour depositing conditioner I could find at the local drug store (John Freida) which doesnt exactly match my hair colour its more purple than orangey. I dont want to dye it myself I can hold out! but can any red heads recommend any products that might have some colour depositing options Im willing to spend the money I just need advice. IMG_3479.JPGVXFT3319.JPG

Re: Red Hair Help - Natural Blonde becomes Ginger

Hi @samsambalam 

Stylist here. You purchased a cool tone whereas you have a warm tone red. I would just let it fade instead of playing with colour depositing products; it could make your stylists job more difficult to get the colour back to normal. 

Re: Red Hair Help - Natural Blonde becomes Ginger

@samsambalam  First and foremost you look amazing! I love love all of your pictures! I too am struggling with color fade. I'm not a red head but i think you will like some of my suggestions. I would suggest a few things based on your hair type- Let's start with your main concern. Moroccanoil Color Depositing Mask Platinum Is a good way to revitalize color once a week. You can try Bourdeaux  or Hibiscus Both work like a mask and deposit sheer layers of prismatic color. If you leave it on longer it will deepen a bit. You can also try DPHUE - Gloss+ Semi-permanent Hair Color and Deep Conditioner in Copper-Next is for the root- There is a great root spray that may help you out a bit too RITA HAZAN - Root Concealer Touch-Up Spray Temporary Gray Coverage This works well for blondes as well. Next get a light weight shampoo and conditioner that wont strip out red. GOOD DYE YOUNG - Color Kind Shampoo GOOD DYE YOUNG - Color Kind Conditioner  I totally understand the struggle!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
  • IMG_3479.JPG
  • VXFT3319.JPG
testing