Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex

Hi so I don't have bleached hair, but it is damaged from blowouts, I have seen some very scary reviews on Olaplex N3 hair perfector, have u guys tried it and was it safe? I am very scared to use it now, I have already bought it

Tags:

Olaplex

Hey there! Cosmetology side of the internet here to help! People often struggle with Olaplex No.3 because they use it too often and over-protinize the hair; what that means is when you use a product like Olaplex which is a peptide (protein) bond building agent too much, it can put too much extra protein into your hair causing it to become brittle and super prone to damage. My suggestion is; only use this once every 2 weeks and only on your porous ends (the last 3-6 inches) to avoid over usage and make sure you're following the directions. You dont need very much at all, leave it on for the manufacturer recommended amount of time, and be sure to wash your hair after using the No.3 so as not to leave any excess formula on the hair, this is super important to the health of your hair! hope this helps 🖤

Re: Olaplex

@NaNaLeota 
I’m a hairstylist and I’m astounded by your misinformation about Olaplex. If you are a hairstylist I seriously encourage you to take the Olaplex certification course through the Olaplex website. Again, Olaplex only works on the disulphide bond and contains no protein. It only contains BPDD. It cannot over proteinize hair. 

Thank you very much!

So is there any chance of damage or not?

@GG84 wrote:

@NaNaLeota 
I’m a hairstylist and I’m astounded by your misinformation about Olaplex. If you are a hairstylist I seriously encourage you to take the Olaplex certification course through the Olaplex website. Again, Olaplex only works on the disulphide bond and contains no protein. It only contains BPDD. It cannot over proteinize hair. 

@MarikoSokhadze 

Because Olaplex is not a conditioner or mask, people misuse it. It does not address the external needs of the hair, only the internal needs. So after applying on damp hair before shampoo and leaving it on for 15 mins, you shampoo off and must follow with a conditioner. @Olaplex 

@MarikoSokhadze 

Scary reviews? It can do zero damage. It has 1 sole purpose and function and does nothing more or less then that 1 function. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing