Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex

Hi! I've been hearing amazing things about the Olaplex system. I want to try it but there's no way that I can afford all of them. Is there one in particular that I can use on it's own? My hair is naturally thick dark and gets oily fast, but its cut to my chin and I've recently destroyed it with at home bleaching and coloring. Thanks!
Tags:

Olaplex

Because you have thick oily hair, I'd reccomend the No.3 as well. Olaplex does help restore your peptide (protein) bonds so you have to make sure you thoroughly shampoo your hair after using No.3 so as not to over-protinize it (which can make it brittle)and use it no more than once every week or so. It also sounds like you could use a serious moisturizing, oily hair is just your scalp over producing sebum because it's so dry 😱. I'd try switching to a lighter shampoo that doesnt strip your hair as much and try washing it less often and you should see a gradual improvement 🖤

Re: Olaplex

@NaNaLeota 

Olaplex has nothing to do with protein bonds 🤦‍♀️ It has zero protein in it therefore cannot over proteinize the hair. Furthermore AMINAL protein is the only source of protein with the ability to over proteinize the hair, there are not any companies that use animal protein anymore. @Olaplex  can you come on here sometimes so I’m not constantly repeating myself. 

I would say probably no.3 --- but personally, I used no. 3, 4, 5, 6 (didn't try no.7) as a routine for about 2 months and didn't really notice a significant difference in hair condition. I have bleached ash blonde hair that's pretty damaged, and it was a bit smoother for the first 2-3 times but after regular use, my hair went back to being dull and I didn't notice much improvement. It's a pretty pricey system (especially if you get all the numbers) and honestly I don't think it's worth it. The reviews say otherwise, but I know 2 other people who used Olaplex (colored hair also) and they told me they felt like it didn't do much for them either.

I would recommend Kerastase Elixir Ultime - I add 1 pump to my hands and rub, apply to my towel-dried hair before drying/styling and then another 1 pump to my hands and rub, and comb through my hair after styling/drying. It's pretty pricey also, but it's totally worth and 1 pump goes a long way (especially since you have shorter hair).

Hope this helps!!

@Lunabird 

Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 8.5 oz / 250 mL apply to damp hair BEFORE shampooing. Leave on 15 mins, shampoo out and follow with a moisture or protein treatment. Olaplex contains no moisture or protein so you must follow up with a treatment that contains. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing