Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

My hair is dry and damaged, I tried everything :(

Hi 🙂

I always had problems with my hair. I hate it 😞 it looks dry, damaged, and it's soooo tangled. I don't use any heat on my hair, I trim it every month but I still have split ends everwhere. It looks broken, not just at the ends but from top to the bottom of my hair. Anyone has any ideas why is my hair so damaged? I also tried home hair masks, including coconut oil and nothing helps.

Help please 😞IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_3029.JPG

Re: My hair is dry and damaged, I tried everything :(

Hi, @Anonymous- I use Shea Moisture Restorative conditioner.  It can be used as a regular or deep conditioner and Verb Ghost Oil.  Both can be purchased on their web sites.  You also might want to try a clarifying shampoo.  I love dpHue Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse.

@Anonymous,

I suggest the Verb Ghost oil! I apply it at night and also as a finishing product to help with dry ends. My hair has never felt smoother and healthier. A little bit goes a long way and it also gives a bit of shine to the hair as well.

https://www.sephora.com/product/ghost-oil-P399992?icid2=products%20grid:p399992:product

❤️ Melissa
Anonymous Insider

I would love to try it, but unfortunately we dont have Sephora in our country 😞 thanks anyway.

Pureology makes really good products 🙂

@Anonymous I think you have some good recs here.  I'd like to add that I think using a sulfate-free shampoo would help, and I also highly rec It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product.  Best of luck!  🙂

Hi @kelsey01,

I have bleached hair and experience a lot of breakage and sometimes my hair can be a little dry. I've found that the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL was great for adding additional moisture to my hair. I have also noticed less breakage and don't see the little hairs break apart of my ends. I hope this helps 😉

Warmest regards,

Helen

Coconut oil can be great for helping to hydrate the hair, but sometimes it just needs more. Things like your diet, water intake, how hard the water in your area is, even sleeping on it, will effect the strands. I noticed my hair was breaking a lot, I’ve incorporated Olaplex no. 3 and Alterna Protein Hair CC cream into my weekly hairncare routine, and they have really helped to improve the health of my hair. The Olaplex is a bond builder to repair areas that have been damaged to prevent future breakage, and the CC hair cream provides protein to strengthen the hair. Good luck @Anonymous

https://m.sephora.com/ca/en/product/caviar-anti-aging-restructuring-bond-repair-leave-in-protein-cream-P435931

https://m.sephora.com/ca/en/product/olaplex-hair-perfector-no-3-P435618

Thanks for using Olaplex! Xx

I have a different hair type, but my very hard water can dry out and tangle.

I use Matrix cream shampoo which is clarifying and helps remove hard water buildup, not all clarifiers do that.

Hydrating treatment from the salon and then Redken bonder, which is a hydrater pre shampoo 1x week. My hair is back to normal from its extra dryness stage. Swapping shampoo/conditioner can help too and leave in conditioner like Gliss to detangle.

@Anonymous

Re: y hair is dry and damaged, I tried everything :(

My hair is a mess of knots too! It doesnt really matter what I do it still gets tangled up. The best thing I have found is keeping it at shoulder length and good quality products. I would highly recommend the following:

Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

Kiehl's Since 1851 Nourishing Olive Fruit Oil Conditioner 6.8 oz/ 200 mL

KéRASTASE - Nutritive Hair Balm for Severely Dry Hair

Re: y hair is dry and damaged, I tried everything :(

@Anonymous I’ve had amazing results with Sheamoisture hair masks when my hair gets dry. I tried others but they don’t give the amount of moisture needed. I also use pravana hair oil after every wash now and I’ve had no split ends in 8-9 months now.  

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos2
  • IMG_3030.JPG
  • IMG_3029.JPG
testing