cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Heeelllp! Dry straw like hair!

633E317D-BC6D-4CA5-9F8A-B90B8C85E27F.jpeg

Help! I need a remedy for this hair that’s like straw right now! Currently using Olaplex steps 3,4, and 5 (washing only once every 4 days or so.) although I don’t notice a difference really since I started using them a couple months ago. I recently repurchased Devacurla matcha mask in hopes that it’ll help moisturizer and define. Hair is naturally really fine and wavy, but not so right now! Trying to get back to the waves. Also looks like I need a trim but I just got one a couple months ago, that’s just how it looks right now! Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Tags:

Re: Heeelllp! Dry straw like hair!

Hi @brittany4 

While Olaplex products are great, they do very little (actually nothing) in terms of moisture. I would continue with No.3 as it can greatly revive curl pattern, however switch to a more moisture friendly routine like Redken All Soft shampoo + Conditioner . 

Re: Heeelllp! Dry straw like hair!

My prescription would be:

Dry Mask First, overnight two of these sample sizes, or 3 ounces of this mask, mix it with a tablespoon of Jajoba Oil.Dry Mask First, overnight two of these sample sizes, or 3 ounces of this mask, mix it with a tablespoon of Jajoba Oil.1.5 won't be enough when I see your hair again, more like two samples, all of the samples, or at least 3 ounces from a regular size. You need a good wallop. And twice weekly. Just for two weeks. You could alternate this mask with amika The Kure Intense Repair Hair Mask for Damaged Hair 8.5 oz/ 250 mL , still add the 1 tablespoon J. Oil, mix, keep it on as long as it is humanly possible for you. I make recommendations about caps and other issues, one of the features is Gisou's Honey Hair Mask.

It will fill in some of the damage without doing damage.It will fill in some of the damage without doing damage.

There is is your mask. 3 ounces, 1 tablespoon you can change as you like but put it on like tomorrow is judgement day. who cares.There is is your mask. 3 ounces, 1 tablespoon you can change as you like but put it on like tomorrow is judgement day. who cares.

l'occitaine has sales, this one comes really big and just the conditioner, shampoo for you it makes me cringe  - but you need to remove the dirt. After the mask, the next day choose a  mild shampoo. I'd go with THE KURE Shampoo.l'occitaine has sales, this one comes really big and just the conditioner, shampoo for you it makes me cringe - but you need to remove the dirt. After the mask, the next day choose a mild shampoo. I'd go with THE KURE Shampoo.

@brittany4 

Don't spend $20 for 5 ounces. Get the 16.9 if you do. It's $34 and they have sales. If the world wasn't so sick (virus n' everything) I'd ship it to you PRIORITY OVERNIGHT. EXPRESS MAIL 1ST CLASS WITH SAMPLES.Don't spend $20 for 5 ounces. Get the 16.9 if you do. It's $34 and they have sales. If the world wasn't so sick (virus n' everything) I'd ship it to you PRIORITY OVERNIGHT. EXPRESS MAIL 1ST CLASS WITH SAMPLES.

I chose it for the 5 key oils, they would help.I chose it for the 5 key oils, they would help.

I held the bottle upside down, and none came out it is that FATTY. Please use as little shampoo as possible or one that is milky, not sudsy.I held the bottle upside down, and none came out it is that FATTY. Please use as little shampoo as possible or one that is milky, not sudsy.

Either of these would be good leave in coniditioners you need conditioner in the shower and then when you get out you need it - pick what is right for you and other may have other ideas you likeEither of these would be good leave in coniditioners you need conditioner in the shower and then when you get out you need it - pick what is right for you and other may have other ideas you like

Here I am saying THE KURE it's so emollient and fatty for damaged hair I have loved it, true I like very heavy applications. It's a 10 would be a good leave in too.Here I am saying THE KURE it's so emollient and fatty for damaged hair I have loved it, true I like very heavy applications. It's a 10 would be a good leave in too.

Dry mask, then very little shampoo recommend the KURE (damaged hair I've been there), then L'Occitaine 5 conditioner in bulk on sale or go with the KURE by Amika, for Leave Ins I made three recs.

No salt masks for you. Nothing drying with alcohols or esters. Take a break from hairspray, heat styling, take a break from humectants, really really soapy shampoo aka then strippers. You need nourishment. I would pick another oil for moisture and healing and just put it anytime I felt like it. We are trying to IV your hair.

If the world wasn't so sick, I'd send you a care package. I mean I would send it PRIORITY OVERNIGHT EXPRESS BEFORE 12 WITH CONFIRMATION OF DELIVERY, YOU WOULD SIGN x_________________

(I am kidding. Gosh I hope your hair gets a drink, soon.)

La la la la la la

Take care,

🛀🛀🛀V21988

Where 🛀🛀🛀time is always n o w.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos10
  • 633E317D-BC6D-4CA5-9F8A-B90B8C85E27F.jpeg
  • l'occitaine has sales, this one comes really big and just the conditioner, shampoo for you it makes me cringe  - but you need to remove the dirt. After the mask, the next day choose a  mild shampoo. I'd go with THE KURE Shampoo.
  • Dry Mask First, overnight two of these sample sizes, or 3 ounces of this mask, mix it with a tablespoon of Jajoba Oil.
  • It will fill in some of the damage without doing damage.
  • There is is your mask. 3 ounces, 1 tablespoon you can change as you like but put it on like tomorrow is judgement day. who cares.
  • Here I am saying THE KURE it's so emollient and fatty for damaged hair I have loved it, true I like very heavy applications. It's a 10 would be a good leave in too.
  • Either of these would be good leave in coniditioners you need conditioner in the shower and then when you get out you need it - pick what is right for you and other may have other ideas you like
  • Don't spend $20 for 5 ounces. Get the 16.9 if you do. It's $34 and they have sales. If the world wasn't so sick (virus n' everything) I'd ship it to you PRIORITY OVERNIGHT. EXPRESS MAIL 1ST CLASS WITH SAMPLES.
  • I chose it for the 5 key oils, they would help.
  • I held the bottle upside down, and none came out it is that FATTY. Please use as little shampoo as possible or one that is milky, not sudsy.
testing