cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

Heat damage !!

So I flat ironed my hair a total of 3 times . When I went to wash my hair some of my curls would not revert back . Please help ! I don't know what to do . I tried the aphogee 2 step treatment already but I'm stuck ! Please help . I have kinky coily hair . 4b/4c hair 

Re: Heat damage !!

Hi @Anonymous  I would try a moisturizing deep conditioner (it does not have to be high end) and deep condition under a dryer (if possible) or with a hair cap and towel on top.  It may take several deep conditioning treatments/several weeks to see your curl come back.  If however the curls do not revert the hair shaft was likely damaged by the heat and will have to be cut at some point before that section can return to it's normal pattern/elasticity. 

BTW, a thread dedicated to tightly curly/coily hair was created here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Curly-Hair/Tightly-Curly-Coily-Hair-Tips-Tricks-amp-More/m-p/2880312#M280

Re: Heat damage !!

You should look up Madame C.J. Walker Beauty Culture products or vernon francois products (they both specialize in coily curls) and find a hair mask to repair the damage, and something with a heat protectant so protect you from further damage in your hair if you want to ever straighten you hair again. They also both have a lot of awesome curl defining treatments and leave in conditioners to get those curls to bounce back 🙂 hope this helps xoxo

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing