Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair buildup

I have one part of my hair that has residue buildup and it is hard to get rid of:( which clarifying shampoo is strong to get rid of this sticky residue build up?

Re: Hair buildup

@SumDes 

Is it from product or hard water/minerals? 

I assume it's because I need to learn more about hair so I wash it quite a bit and also don't brush it as often and also I did not know about using cold water to rinse out shampoo. 

@SumDes 

Cold water to rinse out shampoo? I’m not sure what that’s about. But I do know a thing (or 20) about hair. 
I to am not a fan of brushing my hair, I style it how I want it, set the style with hairspray and that’s it, leave it until I’m ready to wash it again. I’ll run my hands through my hair but rarely do I brush my hair dry. 
As for what you are seeing as buildup, if you are in the US, I’m pretty sure Sephora carries Color Wow products - they make a product which I cannot tag called Dream Filter. Spray on your hair from roots to ends (focus on roots more) on dry hair before you shampoo, let it sit 3 mins, hop in the shower and shampoo and condition like normal. You should see an immediate difference. You can do this once/week. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing