Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Damaged Hair Helpppppppp!!!

I have been in the pool a lot recently and my hair is getting MAJORLY dry and frizzay! 

Any recommendations for favorite hair masks or treatments? 💕😎

Tags:

Re: Damaged Hair Helpppppppp!!!

Thank you! 💕

@Julessss14   When swimming in chlorine a lot it’s best to use a pre swim shower treatment like Aquaguard pre swim hair defense.  It protects your hair from being wet for long periods of time and also acts as a protectant from chlorine damage and unwanted color changes.  You need to wash it out after your swim of course but it does wonders to keep your hair from losing all its natural moisture in the pool.  
Damage prevention is easier than damage repair and it’s an easy way to minimize the damage if you plan to continue swimming on the regular.  

Briogeo hair masks are excellent;) 

Oo I should try that - thanks for the tips! 🤗

I dye my hair a bright color every 4 weeks with a root bleach and bleach it completely every 3 months. I use Olaplex hair masks weekly and then honestly, I use Hask products. I use the argan oil conditioner and Coconut shampoo. Spray all over and oil anywhere that feels like it needs a little help. It's a lot of steps but my hair is in good shape after 2 years of pretty constant abuse.

Thank you! 

Just purchased the k-18 biomimetic hair science and it is a baby miracle worker!! My hair is so much softer, less dry, no longer frizzy, AND it has reduced my split ends tremendously!! I am in love ! You need to wash your hair with shampoo only— I was worried with dryness if I didn’t use conditioner, but my hair is softer and more voluminous with this product!! All you need is a pump or two depending on your hair thickness, and it works as a leave in conditioner!! Love it and 100% recommend!!

K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 
K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

WOOWOWOWOOWOWOW will have to try that out! I added that K18 product to my basket! 😎Thank you so much @sparklybrunette 

Have you heard of this product, by chance? Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL It was also recommended me for damaged hair that is desperate need for a fab hair mask... Also want to potentially try it out.

@Julessss14 - Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL is a moisturizing hair mask (no protein).  You would want to try Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask which is for damaged hair (has protein).

I get better results from the Briogeo "Don't Despair, Repair!" mask than the kiwi/avocado one.  I feel like the Don't Despair mask has a better protein/moisture balance, while the kiwi/avocado mask would probably be better if you mainly just need moisture.  So it just depends on what your hair needs.

@Mel231   Same.   I alter back and forth between the two cause too much protein added to hair makes it dry and prone to falling out.  

Haven’t tried it 😕 I was planning on trying the marocain oil hair mask, but got the results I needed by changing up my shampoo/conditioner— I rotate, really like the nécessaire shampoo and conditioner 🙂 — and with the k18 🙂 btw! When applying you might think you need more but you don’t ! In this case less is more !! Works like a charm!! Sooo happy 🙂 hope you get amazing results too 🙂 

x

K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 34 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing