cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Calling All Blondes

Best purple shampoo….. GO!

(Also, do you prefer purple shampoo or purple conditioner?)

Re: Calling All Blondes

Pravana! They have a purple shampoo, conditioner and hair mask. Definently the most potent one I've tried so far. 

I have found the Color Balance Purple Shampoo and Conditioner by Joico works best to tone the brassiness in my (dyed) hair . I typically leave the shampoo on 5-10 mins; conditioner 10-15 mins.

The shampoo is a must for me but I sometimes switch up the conditioner.

Yes! I totally do the dry apply shampoo and it takes the brass right out.

I do love the Sally Beauty Supply ION Blonde Brilliance collection.

I really like pravana's purple shampoo. It works really well, especially if you put it on dry hair before your shower and leave it on for a few minutes. There might be a little purple tint but it goes away the next time you wash. 

I just bought the Not Your Mother's blonde shampoo(blonde moment) and Dessange California Blonde correcting creme.  I thought the blonde shampoo did more than the creme.  

My friend gave me another one (can't remember the name), but I ended up with pink hair, so it was annoying trying to bring it back to blonde.  

I personally love Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo. It really helps to tone down any brassiness - I usually leave it on for about 5 minutes because I like my hair to be pretty platinum. Another good one is Clairol Shimmer Lights - that one's been around forever and it's super affordable too. Unfortunately they don't carry either of those at Sephora but you can get both on Amazon or at Sally's. I tend to use purple shampoos vs. conditioners but in my opinion they both do the same thing. Hope that helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing