cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Breakage

image.jpg

hi. about two years ago, i had a hair mishap, and had to cut out a large chunk of hair around my forehead. it is not growing back. i’m starting to feel hopeless after trying everything— bangs hid them recently, but just looked bad with my face, barrettes don’t hold them, hairspray and ironing causes they to break off more… i genuinely don’t know what to do. my hair would look nice otherwise, but this piece of hair is pretty much the ‘centrepiece’ of how i look. i can’t use water products either, because i iron my naturally curly hair. any advice would be appreciated.

Tags:

Re: Breakage

@nora193992 , I completely agree with the other poster, immediately stop all heat styling of your hair! You need to be gentle and use nourishing products such as a hair mask and leave in conditioner.

dae Monsoon Moisture Shampoo, Conditioner & Mask Hair Set 

IGK Best Life Hair Oil Fable & Mane HoliRoots™ Pre-wash Hair Treatment Oil 

amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask 

BondiBoost Rapid Repair Hair Mask with Aloe + Argan 

Kérastase Genesis Anti Hair-Fall Fortifying Mask 

Re: Breakage

@nora193992 

You need to stop the ironing, that isn’t helping. You need to start using Redken Anti Snap leave in and the Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner. Don’t use clips or pins on those broken pieces, they are extremely fragile. They will never grow if you keep applying heat/pressure. Give your hair a rest and wear it naturally for a few months. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.jpg
testing