Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Blonde hair

Hello I am new to this and don’t really know how to use this thing. Ok to I dyed my hair platinum blonde cause I love how it looks but the bottom half is like regular blonde and the top is platinum(turning purple). Does anybody know what I should do??

Re: Blonde hair

@Siennag001 

Did you get this done at a salon? 
There is a couple possibilities here. I’m going to need more info before I can make suggestions. 

Thank you for the help!!! (My stylist did the top of my hair first and then the bottom. Idk if that’s how it’s supposed to be done. She also used foils for full head bleach.) Also the bottom of my hair never turns purple only the hair near my skull.

Yes I get my hair done at the salon always!! My stylist told me to go every 2 months and I went 1 month ago and it was so beautiful all platinum 1 color. I use the purple shampoo she gave me and it dyes my hair purple. But then I use regular shampoo and it kinda like removes the purple. I use the shampoo all over my hair and then I go in with the conditioner she gave me. I was told to use it every 1 or 2 weeks. I use it every 2 weeks cause it stains. (Sorry if this doesn’t make sence)

@Siennag001 

You’re throwing a curve ball at me. I’m a stylist. Generally since the lengths/ends are the oldest/most damaged parts of your hair, that’s where purple shampoo tends to over deposit just due to the porosity. Your roots shouldn’t be grabbing the violet hue that much. I would get a clarifying shampoo (if you don’t already have one) and use that on your roots. Then use a protein based treatment like amika The Kure Intense Bond Repair Hair Mask 8.4 oz / 250 ml or Redken CAT. This should fill in the potholes and even out the porosity. 
Use purple shampoo sparingly. If your hair is lifted properly and toned at the proper level, you really shouldn’t need a toning shampoo. 

ok i am gonna try to help. so definitely check if you have hard water or not cause that can contribute to brassiness and get a purple shampoo or hair mask and ask your stylist!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing