Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What’s in your cup?

A companion thread to What's on your plate? 

I thought it would fun to share what we’re all drinking. It could be your favourite tea or show of your crowd pleasing cocktail recipes. What’s in your cup?

Right now, I’m enjoying a nice cup of ginger peach tea with milk and honey. It’s nice and calming before bed. 

IMG_3067.jpeg

Spoiler
And shout out to the original thread  I kinda found out too late about this and it’s been far too long since it was updated. 

Re: What’s in your cup?

@Titian06 I guess I reached addict status a while ago. I remember eating a blood orange and thought, “this would make for a bold lip colour…” 😂

@JoSometimes - Bite Beauty had a lip pencil called Blood Orange.

Swatch from Temptalia

Titian06_0-1696196807435.png

Ohh that’s a pretty shade @Titian06! Thanks for sharing it. 

Ingredient(s) Spotlight: Strawberry Kiwi 🍓🥝 

Juice smoothie.jpeg

A homemade smoothie before heading to the airport. I considered packing my blender with me, but I’ve no idea how to take apart the blade and I know I wouldn’t be able to reassemble it correctly once I arrive at my destination. 😆 

🍓Strawberries 

🥝 Kiwi

🍍Pineapple 

🍎1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar 

💦Cup of water 

🧊 2-3 cubes of ice 

🍯 A light drizzle of honey 

- Add all of the above into the cup. Apply lid and place in blender unit. Blend for 10 seconds. Repeat. 

- Drink up! 😋 

@Titian06, have you had a chance to give your new blender a whirl? Discovered any flavor combos you love? I’ve been on a fruit kick with my smoothies lately, but adding some dark greens, like kale or spinach,  always adds a nice touch. 👍🏼 

Bloom Strawberry kiwi.jpeg

Strawberry kiwi bloom.jpeg

Landed. Went straight to the hotel - checked in, returned some work emails and phone calls, washed up - and then went out to dinner before heading back to the room for more work & phone calls, all while sipping on water and later, a cup of this strawberry kiwi flavored greens & super foods mix. 

@itsfi - I'm sorry!  I never received notification for your tag! 😖  I happened to be looking for our conversation about your blender and saw your post.  I finally made my first smoothie this morning! 🥳  Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics.  I'll try to remember tomorrow.  Here's what I used:

Water

Spinach

Avocado 

Blueberries (frozen)

Peaches (slices, frozen)

It was not a very attractive color and it didn't have much flavor, but I loved the texture.  Boy does that blender have power (and loud too)!

I'll try a slightly different version tomorrow.  I forgot a couple of items this morning and I want to change up the fruit.

No apology needs @Titian06. Happy to hear you gave it a try. Interested to see how your next one goes. I wonder if the lack of flavor from the first smoothie would be resolved by changing the ratio of fruits and veggies to lean more on the fruit side or if there were a piece of fresh fruit included, maybe an apple? Or mango? Or swapping out the water for coconut water or orange juice? Those substitutions though would increase the sugar content in your smoothie. 🤔 

@itsfi - Here's take 2 🎬

Nutritional yeast

Strawberries 

Peaches

Avocado 

Spinach 

Water

Distilled white vinegar 

I was a little heavy handed with the vinegar.  That's OK; I like vinegar, so at least it had flavor this time!  The color was better too.

Since I'm out of spinach and avocados, I'll have to be more creative tomorrow.  I have an idea.

20231014_085209.jpg

20231014_085427.jpg

This looks creamy and yummy @Titian06! Do you know I’ve never tried using an avocado in my smoothies? Me thinks that needs to change stat! 🥑 

@itsfi Yuuuum. Sounds like a delicious combination!

IMG_4780.jpeg

Thai milk tea is delicious and sweet but I’ve never found it in a can until now. 😋

@JoSometimes  ooh, that sounds good!

Going to give this a shot this weekend- homemade (sort of) boba tea. Passion fruit and taro flavors. May do a chai too.

77823354-498F-418B-8CBC-74ECE929AD4D.jpeg

Very intriguing @Ispend2much6 🤔

@Ispend2much6 Boba at home is such a great idea!

@JoSometimes  I hope it is!

Looking forward to how this works, @Ispend2much6 ! 💖💖💖

@Titian06. I will let you know!

@Ispend2much6 sounds yummy 

20230918_072349-01.jpeg

Strawberry green tea in my favorite mug (a gift from my dad - he said it reminded him of me lol) 🍓🍵💜

@caitbird Strawberry green tea? That sounds delicious! And I love your cup! Sloths are so cute. 🍓🦥

@JoSometimes  thank you! The tea was pretty good.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos135
  • IMG_3067.jpeg
  • FAF0780A-4344-45D4-9440-83E80D0F608B.jpeg
  • 236160DF-6ACE-497A-8A9E-3DA153D782E8.jpeg
  • IMG_3209.jpeg
  • IMG_20230613_081511027.jpg
  • 20230510_131519.jpg
  • 20230509_131445.jpg
  • AD24716E-769D-4543-9F3E-8A7CD3E9AA6C.jpeg
  • IMG_9708.jpeg