Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What’s in your cup?

A companion thread to What's on your plate? 

I thought it would fun to share what we’re all drinking. It could be your favourite tea or show of your crowd pleasing cocktail recipes. What’s in your cup?

Right now, I’m enjoying a nice cup of ginger peach tea with milk and honey. It’s nice and calming before bed. 

IMG_3067.jpeg

Spoiler
And shout out to the original thread  I kinda found out too late about this and it’s been far too long since it was updated. 

Re: What’s in your cup?

I have to second what @JoSometimes said... FANCY. Didn't even realize violet was a flavor! Although arguably, people enjoy lavender and rose syrups 🤔🤔🤔

Amazon! If you go to my blog, makeuphappyhour dot com, then cocktails, It’s linked in the first post! It’s nice, not too fakey floral  and not too sweet! I had a mini of it and had to order the full bottle, I love it! @JoSometimes 

So I love my espresso but I wanted to try something new so I started making vietnamese coffee at home. It's pretty therapeutic for me like how you would make pour over (almost)!

P.S. detective Bandita is always on patrol at this house, performing quality check on all coffees

20230306_081323.jpg

20230306_083626.jpg

20230305_174349.jpg

Oh that’s great, I should make some again soon, it’s been years! Do you ice yours? @jaaayp 

@sister13 yes! I actually never drink anything hot unless it's like below 40 degrees 😂😂😂 I feel like the coffee is so strong, ice does not dilute it at all!

@jaaayp Vietnamese coffee is so delicious! It does a great job at preventing me from sleeping through…

@JoSometimes I drink and go right to sleep! LOL but if it makes you jittery... maybe time to lay off the caffeine! 

interesting fact I learned... @JoSometimes @sister13 I was told that people who can fall asleep right after caffeine (or a lot of caffeine), they are able to do that because your body tends to shut down and sleep off the caffeine since it can't take it anymore. So it's not a good sign but also depends on your tolerance 😂😂😂

Haha, it reminds me of a Korean restaurant back home in Maryland that was our absolute favorite. My mom would order the iced coffee (Vietnamese style) and the owner would argue with her every time about drinking it too late, but my mom said it didn’t bother her! 🤣🤣🤣 @JoSometimes 

@sister13 Ugh… I have a few people in my life who are like that. I’ll never understand it!

In university, I worked at Second Cup (Canadian Starbucks) and became a 5-cups a day kind of person. But I got so jittery, my writing looked like squiggles. I quit coffee and save it only for really early or rough mornings and I can only have it before lunch or I can’t sleep at night. 

Love there frozen Hot Chocolate almost like a chocolate shake but better.🇨🇦

Matcha Horchata 

IMG_9708.jpeg

Oh yum!! @SportyGirly125 

@SportyGirly125 I am jealous, one of my favorites 

Sounds amazing @SportyGirly125 faaaaancy ❤️

Impulse buy at TJ Maxx, this Torani syrup. I don’t usually make flavored coffees,but this sounded so good. I made a Nespresso latte with the brown sugar cinnamon syrup infused milk/foam in one of my favorite mugs from the old Teavana.

AD24716E-769D-4543-9F3E-8A7CD3E9AA6C.jpeg

@sister13  I just ordered this from Amazon today!  I should have taken a short ride instead. 🙂  I'm hoping to match (nearly) Starbucks' Brown Sugar Cinnamon Oatmilk Espresso.

Oh great!! Let me know how it goes!!! @Ispend2much6 

@sister13 Torani syrups take me back to my days working as a barista. I didn’t know about this particular one though. Sounds yummy!

I was glad to try it for TJ Maxx prices! @JoSometimes 

Oooh oooh! I think you and I have similar tastes @sister13 ! I have this syrup! Not a huge fan of cinnamon but I find the brown sugar pops more so I enjoy it 😉 

Oh nice! @jaaayp 

Conversation Stats
Photos142
  • IMG_3067.jpeg
  • FAF0780A-4344-45D4-9440-83E80D0F608B.jpeg
  • 236160DF-6ACE-497A-8A9E-3DA153D782E8.jpeg
  • IMG_3209.jpeg
  • IMG_20230613_081511027.jpg
  • 20230510_131519.jpg
  • 20230509_131445.jpg
  • AD24716E-769D-4543-9F3E-8A7CD3E9AA6C.jpeg