Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Holiday Decorations Thread

The holidays are going to be strange this year. Many people, including myself, are unable to celebrate with family or simply the way they want to. On the news this morning they were discussing that many people are decorating early because they feel they need cheer. I put my tree up a couple days ago. I was thinking it would be nice to see other people's decorations and spread the cheer. I am NOT just talking about Christmas. I consider myself mostly Jewish but grew up celebrating many holidays and have a Christmas tree of my own. So no pressure in terms of holiday or religion. Whatever you want to share. I finished putting the details on my tree today.

20201117_182700.jpg

Re: The Holiday Decorations Thread

@Titian06 my parents have a number of wooden ornaments like that. I'm glad to hear you are teleworking.

A family friend sent me a bunch of ornaments that arrived today (working now and will unwrap and put on the tree tonight) and I got this pop up advent calendar from my mom which has an ornament for each day. I am feeling very loved.

20201118_162534.jpg

20201118_162353.jpg

I love that Advent calendar, @sprocketta!

@sprocketta ,

That's awesome!

I love this @sprocketta it's so cool! I have soooo many people in my life that would love this advent calendar. Now I'm going to have to shop 😅. This is a very nice gift from your Mom.

@niki172 i looked it up and it's at Target and I have a friend who works at Hallmark who said they have it there as well.

@sprocketta thank you for the shopping tip!

That's so cute!! @sprocketta 

Yes @lmaster it was a lovely surprise.

Great idea for a thread! @sprocketta When the kiddos were little, my tree, stockings, all the ornaments & wrapping paper all matched. The theme changed every year - I would decorate the tree. Now that they are older, they want to decorate so no more glass ornaments & themes for me. Even though I sometimes miss having everything matching, I wouldn't take away the experience & fun they have. Even if the tree is a little crazy looking until I even out the bald spots. 😂 we put ours up after Thanksgiving.. so no pics yet. 🎅

@sonnydee my parents have always had mostly glass ornaments and I definitely remember dropping and breaking some as a child. I was glad I chose plastic when the dog sent one flying with her tail. Can't wait to see when you post pictures.

After the 3rd "baby" ornament broke. (Special designed ones with the year of birth on it) I said no more. Plastic. And they even find ways to break those. @sprocketta will post pics!

@sprocketta Wonderful thread!  Beautiful tree.  I can't wait to see everyone share their holiday decor. 

Thanks @tjffc I'm really looking forward to it too.

Tagging @SportyGirly125 @faeriegirl and @quspork i know 2 of you have things up and @quspork will be putting stuff up soon.

Here’s my tree this year. I put it up last Monday for the kiddos. 

24CF2EEC-A84C-4D2A-994F-ABC4D9F103A2.jpeg

@SportyGirly125   You did a great job decorating; your ornaments are perfectly placed (I notice that type of thing; I'm finicky when we decorate ours; move a branch up, down, lower the tinsel..)

@Ispend2much6 Thank you! I have OCD when I decorate the tree.  It takes me hours to get the ornaments where I want them and they have to be in a certain place otherwise it bothers me.

I love your tree, @SportyGirly125!

@curlychiquita Thank you!!!!

Awww, what a fun tree, @SportyGirly125 .

428 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos42
  • 20201117_182700.jpg
  • 20201117_170259.jpg
  • 24CF2EEC-A84C-4D2A-994F-ABC4D9F103A2.jpeg
  • simba_n.jpg
  • 20201118_162534.jpg
  • 20201118_162353.jpg
  • 20201115_143508.jpg
  • IMG_3581.jpg
  • IMG_3582.jpg