Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Holiday Decorations Thread

The holidays are going to be strange this year. Many people, including myself, are unable to celebrate with family or simply the way they want to. On the news this morning they were discussing that many people are decorating early because they feel they need cheer. I put my tree up a couple days ago. I was thinking it would be nice to see other people's decorations and spread the cheer. I am NOT just talking about Christmas. I consider myself mostly Jewish but grew up celebrating many holidays and have a Christmas tree of my own. So no pressure in terms of holiday or religion. Whatever you want to share. I finished putting the details on my tree today.

20201117_182700.jpg

Re: The Holiday Decorations Thread

It's really grown on me @Titian06. I don't know that I'd go back to a star

@ShortErica @Love all the colors!!!

Thank you @SportyGirly125!

@ShortErica This is a beautiful tree.  I love the big red bow!

@ShortErica I love it! Thank you for sharing. I really enjoy the bow!

Thanks @sprocketta and @tjffc! I came from a star family and my husband came from an angel one so now was our compromise. It took us a while to find a good size one that lights up. We've had it for a few years and I hope it lasts a while.

If you want to see fabulous holiday decorations, watch the Netflix show Holiday Home Makeover with Mr. Christmas. Basically this guy and his elves do insane and fabulous holiday decorations and he has some really good tips for the average at home decorator who isn't a pro. There are only 4 episodes but I enjoyed them thoroughly. This will definitely put you in the holiday spirit.

@sprocketta I watched the Netflix Mr. Christmas  Holiday Home Makeover special. I loved all the episodes. The gingerbread themed one was great and I have to say that he loves pine cones!  So do I.  I also love the one that honored the fire chief's love of holiday decor.  Thanks for the heads-up.❤️

@tjffc I'm glad you enjoyed it. My sister and mom are planning to make the peppermint and kiss comes from the first episode. I've been thinking about rewatching since it made me happy.

@sprocketta Thank you for that info!  I'm watching holiday movies now. I'll have to put it on my watch list in Netflix!

@tjffc i got my sister to watch the show and she and my mom are planning to make a couple easier items from the show. My sister got very excited and placed a $100 Michael's order after watching.

FE17ACB0-8D87-4B5B-85D3-51B2F108FC7C.jpeg

We decided to put up our tree today.    This year I decided to change the tree decor color to pinks and purples and the family didn’t mind.  I can feel the holiday spirit already💕

I love the colour combo! Very pretty @tjffc 

What a pretty tree @tjffc I love the tonal colors.

@niki172 Thank you!

It's lovely, @tjffc! 🎄

@curlychiquita Thank you!

I love your color scheme, @tjffc! Your tree is very pretty. 

@quspork Thank you!

That is so beautiful @tjffc! You made some great selections and it looks professional. My favorite are the fluffy looking ones. 😀

@ShortErica Thank you.  We had a ball decorating.

Conversation Stats
Photos42
  • 20201117_182700.jpg
  • 20201117_170259.jpg
  • 24CF2EEC-A84C-4D2A-994F-ABC4D9F103A2.jpeg
  • simba_n.jpg
  • 20201118_162534.jpg
  • 20201118_162353.jpg
  • 20201115_143508.jpg
  • IMG_3581.jpg
  • IMG_3582.jpg
  • F59A1E63-A7F3-47B0-8F6E-41A7D1366B38.jpeg