Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

Hello BIC friends and fellow gardeners! Whether you have a container on your balcony, some indoor plants, a whole garden, or even if you just happen to visit a botanical garden or see a lovely space or plant in your neighborhood you want to share, this is the place! Please share pics, tips, plans and tricks about all things gardening!  

For many years I had a container balcony garden with mostly flowers and herbs (when travel allowed), and I am now embarking on my first backyard landscaping and gardening journey. 

I am often taking inspiration from the natural world around me and have recently had some spring inspiration for the Makeup Challenge of the Week and have loved chatting about gardening in our other threads, so I thought a new thread would be nice. 

It’s always so interesting to me to see plants and gardens from different regions and countries, so I hope you’ll join the conversation!  

PS: if you create a makeup look based on some plant or garden inspiration, please feel free to post your look or flat-lay here, too! 

Here are a few pics of my spring bulbs to start and I’ll share more soon (kindly ignore the weeds)! 

IMG_4017.jpeg

IMG_4387.jpeg

My old balcony (from the outside) - I’ll try to find an internal pic too:

IMG_3831.jpeg

Re: The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

These hyacinths started blooming, but they’re pretty stubby. I had a few last year that didn’t get very tall, too, but others that looked like normal hyacinths. I was so surprised to see these already, they are barely above the soil/mulch, lol. Pics better if you click on them, so blurry in the preview pics. 🌸🌺🌷🪻

IMG_0410.jpeg

 More stubby hyacinths on the other side:

IMG_0379.jpeg

 Impatiently waiting for these daffodils to bloom! Snow melting from our recent storm- 12+ inches!

IMG_0378.jpeg

This bed where I planted tons of bulbs (pic taken a week or so ago). 

IMG_0243.jpeg

These are all so lovely and beautiful! The one popping out of the snow is just so magical. Love seeing your amazing garden 🪴 @sister13 

Originally, it said our temps were supposed to get very low so I was worried, but then just snow which insulates them. Can’t wait to see more blooms!! @peculiarzmakeup 

That is such a fun surprise it grew up out of the snow so neat! Can’t wait to see when you post 🫶🪴 @sister13 

@sister13 - Apparently your hyacinths are eager for spring too! 😄🌻  I love daffodils--a sure sign of spring!

i can’t wait to see things come up! @Titian06 

I actually received this in the mail, I’m not sure where it was found but it sure is beautiful 🤩 

IMG_7770.jpeg

🍀💚

So cute!!! 🍀🍀🍀 @peculiarzmakeup 

@sister13  Thank you 😊 

My Flowering Quince shrub, Butterfly bush, and Forsythia shrub are already flowering!🌺🌸🌼IMG_3803.jpeg

IMG_3804.jpeg

IMG_3807.jpeg

Oh wow! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous spring blooms! Those pink ones!! So pretty! @faeriegirl 

@faeriegirl  Nature is so beautiful, these are such gorgeous flowers and blooms! I love the colors, they are so unique. I live in an extremely cold climate so seeing these is magical! I bet they smell amazing too. Enjoy 🌸

Gorgeous, @faeriegirl ! 🥰  I love forsythia! 🌱  The trees behind my condo started budding a couple of weeks ago. 🌿  The day lilies in front of the garage have been poking through the ground for about as long. 🌻

Some cute bulb tips appearing! So excited to see these come up. A little worried because it’s supposed to get down to 19 next week, but who could tell my bulbs since it’s been 66 and sunny many days lately!

I see some tulips, hyacinth, daffodils, (hopefully some of my mom’s paperwhites), and I think some mascara which I planted for the first time. 

eta: I did NOT plant mascara, that was an auto correct from muscari, lol! If only we could plant our own makeup trees! 

IMG_9668.jpegIMG_9672.jpegIMG_9671.jpegIMG_9670.jpegIMG_9669.jpeg

This is so amazing, such a fun project! I’d love to see updates! Amazing work 🫶🪴 @sister13  

It is definatley amazing to see things grow, what an exciting process 🫶🪴 @sister13 

Thanks, everything is really starting to pop up now, it's crazy how much they're growing every day! I do really love bulbs because they're so easy and low maintenance, but I'm also feeling impatient for them to bloom, haha.

It's so fun to see things coming back to life. I was going to say it's especially exciting since it's the first spring since planting our shrubs, trees and plants last summer, but I'm pretty sure I'll be this excited every spring.  @peculiarzmakeup  

B562AD76-F116-45DC-9DA1-BF1B51FD4491.jpeg

Thought I’d share ❤️ 

These are so beautiful @peculiarzmakeup ❤️

Thank you 😊 @happyskincare I love plants 🪴 I appreciate it ❤️🫶

So cute!! @peculiarzmakeup 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos307