Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Free Calligraphy Class

If anyone is interested in taking a free calligraphy class, The Happy Ever Crafter has online classes starting July 31st.  I took a calligraphy class 2 weeks ago by myself and have always been interested in it. 

Recently, I was watching Youtube videos and stumbled upon The Happy Ever Crafter.  Now I am signed up for her Show Me Your Drills free online classes and cannot wait for it to start.  Her videos are always so informative.  If you are interested or want to sign up search for The Happy Ever Crafter and her site should pop up.  She also has a free course on water color painting.  

@eshoe if you decide to sign up with me, we could share our progress together 😊

IMG_1089.jpeg

Re: Free Calligraphy Class

@Samtian @It’s going well. It’s a month long course. She has over 30,000 people signed up for it. You can still join if you want. You go at your own pace. 
IMG_0991.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 That's awesome! I need to get me a set. 

@Samtian @You can print the sheets online and use crayola markers if you want. You don’t really need to buy supplies. Everything you need is on the site when you sign up. 

@SportyGirly125 Thanks! I've been wanting another kit since I finished my last one years ago. 

@eshoe It starts tomorrow and I can’t wait!  I even convinced my bestie to join. 

Ahhhhhhh I know, and I feel like I am not ready at all, @SportyGirly125 😱 Going to do my best, though!

@eshoe @Did you watch all the videos and print out the worksheets?

No, @SportyGirly125, I have not. We are starting school next week and books are arriving late so I have been concentrating on scheduling out the school year. I need to do that today. I thought I would have more time to put into it but that has slipped away too quickly, apparently.  

@eshoe @Wow that’s quick. Don’t worry you still have time. 

Ok, small and large brush practice pages for Week 1 printed, @SportyGirly125. Thank you for the gentle nudge to get on it!

IMG_6644.jpeg 

@eshoe @Yay. She was saying to practice for at least 20-30 minutes a day. I’m going to try. 

I am going to try to commit to that, @SportyGirly125. Early morning might be a good time slot 🍵🖋🌅

How fun! I wish I could do calligraphy, but I have the worst handwriting and I make a mess when I try - I will let my daughter know, though! She loves it!!!  Thank you for sharing!!!  @SportyGirly125 

@Tamara76 @I heard it doesn’t matter about your handwriting. Anyone can learn to do it. That was actually the first thing that I have heard from a lot of calligraphers. You should try  just for fun. 

Thanks for the encouragement ! I may sign up, then! @SportyGirly125 

@Tamara76 Yay. I think it would be a relaxing thing to do.  We can all encourage each other. 

@SportyGirly125 I am in, I just need to sign up. My  ‘mini’ (although she is now taller than me) and I watched one of her videos together and practiced with a couple of different pens. 

My daughter does well with watercolor, so thank you for mentioning that. I will check out where to sign up!

IMG_6206.jpeg

 Easiest to work with

IMG_6205.jpeg

 Softest and most dramatic 

@eshoe @Yay. Thank you for sharing what you bought too. 

What pens do you like to use, @SportyGirly125?

@eshoe @The class I took provided materials so I learned with ink and having 2 different nibs. I also like to use the Tombow Fudenosuke brush pens but am testing out if I like the soft or hard pen better. 

Oh yes, the calligraphy pen that requires a pot of ink, @SportyGirly125? I am so used to the ones similar to markers that I had not even thought of those. I have one but have not used it in quite awhile. It has a pretty small tip that cannot be changed out. I found one of the jars recently in my desk that had completely dried. Time to replace!

I just registered for the class and it looks like I received my confirmation. Yay! 

66 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 118 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos16
  • IMG_1089.jpeg
  • IMG_6206.jpeg
  • IMG_6205.jpeg
  • IMG_6644.jpeg
  • IMG_0991.jpeg
  • IMG_0992.jpeg