Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Foundation matching

Hi there. I've been having such a hard time trying to match myself to the perfect foundation shade. I feel as if I have a lock on everything else except my foundation. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

What are some tips and tricks that you use to find the perfect shade. At this point I don't even care what brand it is I just need help finding my shade. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Re: Foundation matching

Finding your skin's undertone can definitely be helpful, and one of the easiest ways to do that is to look at the veins on your wrist. If they're green or olive then you have warm toned skin, if they're blue-ish purple then you have cool toned skin, and if they're somewhere in the middle (almost like a regular blue) then you have neutral toned skin. Another thing that helped me was making sure that you don't test the foundation on your hand to find a match, as your hand will always be different than your face. The best place to test foundation is always your neck, as that's where you'll be wanting it to match the most. Additionally, you want to make sure that you're using foundations that are good for your skin type. For example, if you have super dry skin you might want to stay clear of matte foundations as those will show your skin's texture and dry spots quite a bit. 

Aside from those technical things, something that helped me personally was kind of choosing one spot on my face that I wanted my foundation to match. One of the points of foundation is to even out your skin tone, so your face isn't just one color. Your forehead might be slightly tanner or redder than your chin, so on and so forth. So since I like to play up my pale skin, I found the palest part of my face and matched my foundation to that, rather than trying to find one that matched every part of my face. Since there's not like a huge variation in skin colors on your face, it'lll still match well with the rest of it, but It's easier to search for a good foundation that way. Hope that helps! 

Finally, keep in mind that it's definitely hard to find a good foundation! Takes a lot of trial and error haha. I finally found my perfect one with makeup forever, and they have a LOT of different shades which is good. 

Hopefully this helps a little!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing