Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Canadian Secret Santa 2019

I know I'm not alone in living for the holiday season and always look forward to the gift exchanges here on BIC.  Where we didn't have a Canada thread started, I figured I'd get one rolling for us.

secret-santa1

Rules:

1.  Open to both U.S. and Canada.  If in Canada, you can choose that you only want to ship within the country via Elfster.  🙂

2.  Must have a minimum of 600 posts and have been active within the past 6 months.

3.  You must have an Elfster account-- that's how we'll be drawing and where your wishlist is going to live.  

3.  I'm going to be traditional here and say that there's a $50 minimum this year.  I know first hand how easy it is to get carried away, so it's okay if you go over but there's no expectation.  

giphy

Deadlines:

Spoiler

Gifts Sent:  December 10, 2019-  all gifts must be shipped by this date.

Shipping tricks:

Spoiler
The US can receive a gift up to 100$ USD. If you are sending a gift from Canada and mark it as 100$ you are actually saying it cost you 100$ CAD. Today Google converts that to 73.30$ USD so your recipient should be ok and not pay additional fees.

Canada can receive a gift up to 60$ CAD. If you are sending a gift from the US and it was 60$, you are actually saying it cost you 60$ USD. Today Google converts that to 81.86$ CAD. So your Canadian recipient in this case might pay duties/taxes/fees. But if your gift only cost you is lets say 35$ USD today Google converts that to 47.75$CAD. So the recipient shouldn't pay fees.

Participants:

@Snglbug 

@melissapurple22 

@ayeshayh 

@Nickelliebear1

Re: Canadian Secret Santa 2019

Anyone interested this time around? 🤶🏻

@Nickelliebear1 was there a different thread where you guys posted your boxes from last year?  I can only see one unboxing on here?

@missjeanie We typically posted on the Elfster page last year. But here's a photo of the gift I received from my amazing elf! 2976764.jpeg

@Snglbug  ahhh gotcha! I was wondering where all the fun pics were. I love seeing everyone’s unboxings! 
that Starbucks via looks so yummy! 

@missjeanie It was amazing! I couldn't decide between guzzling it all down or savouring it and making it last. My lack of willpower won and I drank it everyday until it ran out! 🤣

lol @Snglbug  that's hilarious... but I also would have been in the same situation with the same outcome lol

@Guessgal @ayeshayh @melissapurple22 Are you gals in this year?

@KehDee I remember you were interested last year but missed the deadline. Hope you can join this year! 

I would be down for an exchange! Except I havent been posting much so if theres a "must be active the last three months" I might not qualify :(. The last one had that requirement I think... But I've been part of many! And I'm def down. 

@Nickelliebear1 Heck yes!!

Hey, @Nickelliebear1 ...I see you over there updating your Elfster wishlist.👀

Does this mean you're gearing up to run another Secret Santa this year? (please say yes!)

@Snglbug @SportyGirly125 hit the nail on the head, it's for the Halloween exchange.  But the holidays are creeping on me like this hat is... so I've been thinking about it.  giphy

@Nickelliebear1 @SportyGirly125 THERE'S A HALLOWEEN ONE?! Is it too late to join? 

I've been waiting since December for this one lol. I just want to be in all of them haha!

@Snglbug sure is!  There's three more days until it closes, I'll tag you in a post over there.  

@Snglbug I think she's in the Halloween one right now.

RE: Canadian Secret Santa 2019

I’m so sad I missed this!! Enjoy all of your goodies everyone!

RECEIVED MY GIFT TODAY!!  Thank you SOOO much to my secret santa! I adore everything!! I love the lipstick SO much. And my lips will THANK YOU this winter for the caramel balm. Ugh it smells so good. My muscles will be so happy with the immune soak and I've already opened the chocolates Hahah!! Your thoughtful gifts have made my winter much more bearable haha! ❤️ 

Please excuse my scratched up desk! lol

0-1.jpg0-2.jpg0.jpg

@ayeshayh What a great gift you got 

@ayeshayh - your lips are going to be so hydrated! I love...

@ayeshayh - your lips are going to be so hydrated! I love the Huda formula, looks like a long wear liquid lip but feels like a super creamy lipstick. 👌🏻 Your elfie took great care of you.

How is everything going everyone?? How is everyone's gifting and shopping coming along? My items arrived today and they are all wrapped! Just working on some finishing touches and hopefully it'll be ready to go soon!!! Hope you're all well and keeping warm! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 63 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos8
  • giphy
  • secret-santa1
  • giphy
  • 0-1.jpg
  • 0.jpg
  • 0-2.jpg