Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Canadian Secret Santa 2019

I know I'm not alone in living for the holiday season and always look forward to the gift exchanges here on BIC.  Where we didn't have a Canada thread started, I figured I'd get one rolling for us.

secret-santa1

Rules:

1.  Open to both U.S. and Canada.  If in Canada, you can choose that you only want to ship within the country via Elfster.  🙂

2.  Must have a minimum of 600 posts and have been active within the past 6 months.

3.  You must have an Elfster account-- that's how we'll be drawing and where your wishlist is going to live.  

3.  I'm going to be traditional here and say that there's a $50 minimum this year.  I know first hand how easy it is to get carried away, so it's okay if you go over but there's no expectation.  

giphy

Deadlines:

Spoiler

Gifts Sent:  December 10, 2019-  all gifts must be shipped by this date.

Shipping tricks:

Spoiler
The US can receive a gift up to 100$ USD. If you are sending a gift from Canada and mark it as 100$ you are actually saying it cost you 100$ CAD. Today Google converts that to 73.30$ USD so your recipient should be ok and not pay additional fees.

Canada can receive a gift up to 60$ CAD. If you are sending a gift from the US and it was 60$, you are actually saying it cost you 60$ USD. Today Google converts that to 81.86$ CAD. So your Canadian recipient in this case might pay duties/taxes/fees. But if your gift only cost you is lets say 35$ USD today Google converts that to 47.75$CAD. So the recipient shouldn't pay fees.

Participants:

@Snglbug 

@melissapurple22 

@ayeshayh 

@Nickelliebear1

Re: Canadian Secret Santa 2019

@ayeshayh - I wish I didn't procrastinate so much.  Now, I'm just waiting for my next convenient shift to head in to pick up the last of the little gifts and then I just need to wrap.  The mall is super crazy busy these days so while I'd normally be able to leave on my lunch breaks to get some shopping done, not so much now.  

It's November seventh!  Do you know what that means?  Red holiday cups are back at Starbucks and names have been drawn!  We have a few more days of the Holiday Bonus sale... so I don't know about you guys but I'm making my list and checking it twice now.  😉 

giphy

I’m definitely in! I created my elfster account and PM’d you my email address. Thanks so much for inviting me!

@Snglbug no problem!  ❤️ ❤️ I'm glad to have you on board! 

Canadian Secret Santa 2019

@melissapurple22 and @Snglbug have also responded to my PMs. 🎉🎉🎉

Hey @GG84 Thank you so much for the tag 😊💗 Last year’s Secret Santa was definitely a lot of fun! I responded to @Nickelliebear1 ‘s PM earlier today that I have quite a few gift exchanges going on this year and sadly, I may not have the time to participate in another one. Hopefully next year tho🤞🏻I can’t wait to see the unboxings!!

Hi! I would love to join! I have been looking forward to this all year 🙂 

@ayeshayh I'd love to have you! 💖🤶 This is my first tim...

@ayeshayh I'd love to have you! 💖🤶 This is my first time organizing, so bare with me and send me your email via PM so I can get you added. 😊😊

I took part in 2016 and 2017 (And maybe 2015?). I didn't partake last year because I hadn't been active in the time frame they they required. But I meet all the requirements this time 🙂 I'm so excited! 

@ayeshayh Last year was my first year participating but I was starting to become active in 2017 so I remember how bummed I was that I was missing out.  This time of year is already so much fun, it's nice to be able to add a little extra sparkle to it. 

I see you're already adding to your wish list.  😜 It's been giving me a few ideas here & there.  Love it. 

@Nickelliebear1 @I subscribed to everyone too so I can get some ideas lol. 

@Snglbug I think I'm subscribed to basically every BIC member on Elfster.  Everyone always has such good ideas!  

Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 63 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos8
  • giphy
  • secret-santa1
  • giphy
  • 0-1.jpg
  • 0.jpg
  • 0-2.jpg
  • giphy