Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2020 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

So in previous years I would post a holiday thread with daily questions... I thought about doing it again this year but truly my head has been elsewhere and time just flew by.  I was reminded earlier tonight (thanks @greeneyedgirl107 ) of this thread and while it's not a month long one like before thought I'd start it anyway to countdown the end of the year. So come in and share your beauty or holiday tips, stories, best meme (because we need them!) and/or anything that stood out for you during 2020 as we countdown the days to a new year and celebrate the different holidays during this season.

I'll do my best to come back and posts daily questions like the previous years starting tomorrow.

Daily questions - Posted in the comments and here

December 19th:  What are you doing to get yourself in the holiday spirit?

December 20th:  Do you have a favorite thing to eat during the holidays?

December 21st: What is your favorite seasonal drink? It can be warm or cold, alcoholic or not.

December 22nd: What's your favorite holiday scent?

December 23rd: Do you remember what your favorite gift/toy was as a kid?

December 24th: Do you have a favorite holiday memory or tradition? Or maybe a new tradition this year?

December 25th - Merry Christmas! Post your fav meme!

December 26th: What beauty product stood out for you this year?

December 27th: What beauty product was a let down?
December 28th: Did you rediscover an old love in your beauty stash this year?
December 29th: Favorite collection that came out in 2020... even if you didn't buy it, what caught your eye?
December 30th: What are you looking forward to beauty wise in the new year?
December 31st: What are you hoping for in the new year?

tenor.gif

happy-holidays-merry-christmas-light-snow-gifts-celebrations-fireworks-happiness-love-winters-snowflates-santa-snowman-19-1ul1it5.giftumblr_medxjcTRhQ1r1m2dgo1_500.gif

santas-coming.gif

884361107e4d7287b6f8043aa91fe4ae.gif

source.gif

Re: BIC's 2020 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

I guess this is somewhat like yesterday's question but doesn't have to relate to beauty... it's basically open to anything you want.

December 31st: What are you hoping for in the new year?

This will be very vague but hoping to finally find some answers to certain things and hoping someone close to me can finally follow the path they were meant to follow.

I hope to see people and small businesses getting the support they need to land on their feet that extends beyond when we are all vaccinated. It's been a messed up year of losses and grieving and I think many of us are now carrying a lot so I hope the new year brings space for us to let go of some of that โค๏ธ

I'm hoping for health for my loved ones.

@veronika23  I'm hoping to get better at my photography. And to smell and taste again!!

@Samtian Rooting for u โค๏ธ

@pocketvenus Thank you so much!

PS I hope your wishes come true.

Thanks! I hope you get to where you wanna be with your photography @Samtian  ๐Ÿ™‚

@veronika23 Thank you!!

I'm hoping we all have a happier and healthier new year. 

For me, I hope I can work on centering myself and finding more calmness in my life. This year was a trying one and I (like so many of us) really struggled with my anxiety and feel like I've lost a bit of myself. I'm hoping I can work on finding that peace within. 

Getting my pre pregnancy body back by my birthday.  More toning rather than weight loss.

For everyone to wear a face mask outside and stop social gathering to help stop the spread.

For kids to finally get back to in class learning.  I don't find virtual learning as effective.

I really want the darn Covid thing to go away. In term of beauty, I want to scale back and use what I have. Iโ€™m running out of room. Plus everything starts to look the same to me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

December 27th: What beauty product was a let down?  COSRX Galactomyces Toner Essence stands out.
December 28th: Did you rediscover an old love in your beauty stash this year?  Vaseline!  I started slathering it on above my upper lip and around my nose this summer, and it's made that area less dry.
December 29th: Favorite collection that came out in 2020... even if you didn't buy it, what caught your eye?  I wasn't too excited about anything this year.  ND's Glam palette stood out, and Victoria Beckham's launch.  
December 30th: What are you looking forward to beauty wise in the new year?  I've needed to get my hair cut for forever - and I can't even blame the pandemic for not doing it.  I guess I'm also looking forward to new releases.  I don't think I bought a single eye palette this year!

December 30th: What are you looking forward to beauty wise in the new year?

Iโ€™m so echoing everyone here that Iโ€™m hoping for better 2021 where we wonโ€™t have to wear masks and show off our lipsticks again 

Not having to wear a mask and deal with maskne and show my lipgloss/lipstick out in public.....sucks that this Pandemic is far from over.

Getting vaccinated so I can go out without a mask and wear bold lipsticks!!!! ๐Ÿ’‹ So looking forward to applying the reddest reds, the deepest oranges, the hottest pinks, the darkest plums!!

December 29th: Favorite collection that came out in 2020... even if you didn't buy it, what caught your eye?

TBH I haven't paid much attention to anything beauty this year and can't remember what came out and when... although if someone mentions something that might ring a bell. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm looking forward to sampling the four new Amouages released under their new creative director. I tried the new Kilians on paper and they were pretty good, verrrrry powerful, looking fwd to testing on my skin when I get the chance.

Had to look up Amouage lol. Where do you buy it? @pocketvenus 

@veronika23 There are a few retailers I've used in Canada, including online orders

• Niche Essence, which unfortunately closed its Yorkville location but still operates online
  • Etiket which is based in Montreal. I've actually never visited this store in person. Great customer service, highly recommended.
  • Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver. The owner Naz is quite nice and has the most affordable and generous sampling program I've used, and I've used many!

THere's another Vancouver retailer called Scentrique that carries Amouage, but I've never ordered from them.

560 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos48
  • santas-coming.gif
  • 884361107e4d7287b6f8043aa91fe4ae.gif
  • source.gif
  • tenor.gif
  • happy-holidays-merry-christmas-light-snow-gifts-celebrations-fireworks-happiness-love-winters-snowflates-santa-snowman-19-1ul1it5.gif
  • tumblr_medxjcTRhQ1r1m2dgo1_500.gif
  • blackkitty2014_0-1608346780096.gif
  • blackkitty2014_0-1608346867226.gif
  • 01b900639084b757255b8ea91d6cdbee.jpg
  • xmasmeme.jpg
  • 4D13EFED-DB4A-4284-972E-C988FC384239.gif
  • FE1FA41C-2E5C-4A46-A853-25AC6E0B4699.gif
  • 9836AD43-D613-41DF-8100-1773517C3872.gif
  • giphy (20).gif
  • veronika23_0-1608570341204.gif
testing