Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2020 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

So in previous years I would post a holiday thread with daily questions... I thought about doing it again this year but truly my head has been elsewhere and time just flew by.  I was reminded earlier tonight (thanks @greeneyedgirl107 ) of this thread and while it's not a month long one like before thought I'd start it anyway to countdown the end of the year. So come in and share your beauty or holiday tips, stories, best meme (because we need them!) and/or anything that stood out for you during 2020 as we countdown the days to a new year and celebrate the different holidays during this season.

I'll do my best to come back and posts daily questions like the previous years starting tomorrow.

Daily questions - Posted in the comments and here

December 19th:  What are you doing to get yourself in the holiday spirit?

December 20th:  Do you have a favorite thing to eat during the holidays?

December 21st: What is your favorite seasonal drink? It can be warm or cold, alcoholic or not.

December 22nd: What's your favorite holiday scent?

December 23rd: Do you remember what your favorite gift/toy was as a kid?

December 24th: Do you have a favorite holiday memory or tradition? Or maybe a new tradition this year?

December 25th - Merry Christmas! Post your fav meme!

December 26th: What beauty product stood out for you this year?

December 27th: What beauty product was a let down?
December 28th: Did you rediscover an old love in your beauty stash this year?
December 29th: Favorite collection that came out in 2020... even if you didn't buy it, what caught your eye?
December 30th: What are you looking forward to beauty wise in the new year?
December 31st: What are you hoping for in the new year?

tenor.gif

happy-holidays-merry-christmas-light-snow-gifts-celebrations-fireworks-happiness-love-winters-snowflates-santa-snowman-19-1ul1it5.giftumblr_medxjcTRhQ1r1m2dgo1_500.gif

santas-coming.gif

884361107e4d7287b6f8043aa91fe4ae.gif

source.gif

Re: BIC's 2020 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

Yay, so glad to see this thread pop up again this year! Thanks for posting it, @veronika23 ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Dec. 19th question: Tonight my husband and I are going to hop in the car and drive around to look at Christmas lights. There are a few houses/neighborhoods that we visit every year because of all their dรฉcor and it's always fun to see everyone's different displays for the holidays. 

@quspork That's fun! We used to have cool places like that but over time people stopped with the spirit. Seems to have picked up a little better this year, our local town had people put on a Christmas Light Parade that went down one of the biggest streets. 

A Christmas light parade sounds awesome, @Samtian. There's one neighborhood in our town where a whole block of houses get into decorating together and strings lights up and down the sidewalk and even across the street between houses, it's really neat to see.

@quspork That sounds so cool!!

@quspork That sounds so fun!

You are welcome @quspork!  Ohhh that sounds like fun! I haven't done that in years. Hope you have a great time!

@veronika23 Not really doing much this year. Mom decorated a little, but can't do too much with the demon kittens haha. We hadn't even realized how close it was. My brother and I are working from the 23rd to the 27th, like usual, so we are opening presents and dinner on the 22nd. Depression hit us too hard this year.

Sending hugs to you @Samtian ๐Ÿ–ค

@pocketvenus Thank you!! โค๏ธ

@Samtian  aww man. I understand that. It's been a really sh!t year and it can be even worse at this time I know... Despite that, and you guys having to work I hope you have some great family time. Hang in there! ๐Ÿ–ค

@veronika23 Thank you! The holiday pay helps haha.

Oh well I'm glad you get it! ๐Ÿ™‚ @Samtian 

The mental health toll this year has taken is all too real, @Samtian. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday in spite of it. 

@quspork Thank yoU! I'm sure we will ๐Ÿ™‚

Great thread! @veronika23 lets not mask  it (ha!)  2020 as pretty much a terrible year. My second son has begged us to do elf on the shelf. And this year was the first year i gave in & did it ( i found some in expensive elves on Amazon) even though i started late-4th of December. It has been so fun ( and yes, exhausting because i have to stay up later to do the elf shenanigans) & a treat to see his face light up in the morning & find the elves. One night the elves made paper snowflakes & decorated the tree with them (it had lights but nothing else- we get real trees, they have to "fall" overnight because they get wrapped up tight). & now he does not want anything else on the tree because the elves decorated with snowflakes. ๐Ÿ˜‚ another thing, I put a lot of thought in my gifts & it gets me in the spirit of Christmas & is also torture๐Ÿ˜‰ because i can't wait for the hubs/kids to open their gifts on Christmas morning.

giphy (20).gif

โ€ƒ

@sonnydee Oh goodness.  This sounds so fun.  I'm sure your son is enjoying it.  You are making great memories for your family.

Thanks @tjffc that's is what I'm hoping at least-memories & traditions. We started new ones as a family but did carry some from my parents & hubs. ๐Ÿค—

@sonnydee Sounds like fun!

The morning makes it all worth it @SportyGirly125 ๐ŸŽ…

@sonnydee  haha.  Oh man that does sound like a lot of work but sure seems like he's enjoying it!  Awwww that's nice! Well Christmas is almost here so just a few more days and you'll be able to see the joy on their faces. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Counting down with the kids @veronika23 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos48
  • santas-coming.gif
  • 884361107e4d7287b6f8043aa91fe4ae.gif
  • source.gif
  • tenor.gif
  • happy-holidays-merry-christmas-light-snow-gifts-celebrations-fireworks-happiness-love-winters-snowflates-santa-snowman-19-1ul1it5.gif
  • tumblr_medxjcTRhQ1r1m2dgo1_500.gif
  • blackkitty2014_0-1608346780096.gif
  • blackkitty2014_0-1608346867226.gif
  • 01b900639084b757255b8ea91d6cdbee.jpg
  • xmasmeme.jpg
  • 4D13EFED-DB4A-4284-972E-C988FC384239.gif
  • FE1FA41C-2E5C-4A46-A853-25AC6E0B4699.gif
  • 9836AD43-D613-41DF-8100-1773517C3872.gif
  • giphy (20).gif
  • veronika23_0-1608570341204.gif
testing