Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Which limited edition products and collections are must have and which to skip?

We've all felt the pain of those items that we would have gotten, should have gotten but now must pay way to much to buy from re-sellers.  Maybe collective BT minds can identify (while still in stock) the limited edition must haves.

Heading into the holiday season the limited editions will likely be more extravagant and exciting.  I'm eyeing Burberry and Guerlain.

Anyone have any thoughts on currently available or soon to be limited editions?

A lot of the holiday stuff is limited so I'm linking to the holiday thread as well : http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/HOLIDAY-2016/td-p/2454167

estee2.jpg

Re: Which limited edition products and collections are must have and which to skip?

Spoiler
test

Re: Which limited edition products and collections are must have and which to skip?

Limited Edition Loves and Lusts!!! This time of year there are so many limited edition products and we are also doing limited edition week in our challenge of the week https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Challenge-of-the-Week-2017/m-p/3410968#M15038 .

So what limited edition item are you loving right now and what are you still lusting after!?!

Love: The New Bite Beauty in Mauvember! 

Lust: Still the Becca X Jaclyn Hill Palette - wasn't on the luxury make up train when that came out but everyone still loves it!! 

Image result for becca x jaclyn hill

def the new limited edition lip gloss from becca, it is very similar a Kylie gloss

YSL Dazzle (repromote shade)

ysl dazzle.jpg

Chanel site only.  All limited

chanel neon.jpg

Holidays are coming...and I've been lax on this thread.

What I'm eyeing is the EL VB collection, releasing September 1.  I mocked it last year then fell in love.  This year?  The lighter single eyeshadow, the blush and a lip or two.

VB.jpeg

And a recent buy from Chanel.  Is this quad limited or not?  Unclear.  What limited are you eyeing?  Sad I skipped Moschino...but loving seeing everyone's photo.

@meganlisa   thanks for reviving this thread! I had totally forgotten about it! Lots of stuff coming for sure... for now I mostly have my eye on perm items coming... I do know that I will want the KVD Saint and Sinner palette and that's LE.

$48 on the Lorac site. Discount in basket.

20thanniversary-collection1-600x800.jpg

This set is nice, I always wanted to try their lipsticks. If only Lorac atleast shipped to Canada. I just don't understand why they won't cater to us at ALL. Infact I can't even have it sent to family in U.S as they don't accept credit cards with an outside billing address. Like what year am I in? Even brands like colorpop are not pita like this. And brands that were have slowly switched over to accomodate us. Real shame. 

@Anewxa  That's a real shame indeed. Maybe something can be worked out with one of your family members where they can purchase it for you and you'd reimburse them? It's an inconvenience but an option.

@Anewxa Totally agree.  Such a shame.  And the shipping can get pricey too.  

This is soooo hard to say no to! I'm on the fence and seriously having the feeling that FOMO is about to strike! Great find @meganlisa Smiley Happy

They're pretty.  I have 2 and a couple of glosses and like the formula.  Not sure I love the formula.  But I've been more into gloss lately and don't have many (I usually don't wear gloss).  It's also just so pretty!

But @niki172 you probably don't "need" it...

Lots of online reviews and swatches so you can see. 

@meganlisa - I did look at the swatches and you're right. Keep the money for Chanel/Dior/entermakeupcomapnynamehere holiday. A very lovely set indeed, but I probably have dupes for everything plus with my recent YSL/Chanel/MAC lipstick/gloss purchases I probably will be okay lipstick-wise until the zombie uprising Smiley Very Happy

@niki172 I got it.  And one for my aunt.  Might gift it, but I did get it.  Not that I need lipstick!

Cheaper than one Tom Ford!!!

@meganlisa That is exactly what I thought but didn't want to say it because I know how much you all love TF lippies (I haven't taken that dive yet) I bought two sets that I will probably gift both since it is such a beautiful presentation for that price!!! and I get confused with too many lipsticks LOL

@PaletteAddict99 I haven't decided yet if I'm keeping the one I ordered for me.  It's just such a gorgeous set, and with the holidays coming, I know I can figure out something.  I like TF too...but the price point keeps rising I'm not sure I'll be able to keep justifying those purchases.

@meganlisa is the TF formula really that amazing? If so then I guess it's worth it. I've noticed a change in my buying habits for example although I would love a Chanel bag, I also love the style of Rebecca Minkoff bags which are a tenth of the price. I feel like I'm being more responsible by avoiding the possibly overpriced Chanel Bag and then I can buy multiple Rebecca Minkoff bags if I wanted to and not feel excessive at all Smiley Wink maybe I should order one more of the Lorac lipstick sets and keep it for myself LOL

@PaletteAddict99 What I like about the Lorac is that you can mix glosses with the lipsticks to customize your colors a bit.  Since in any set, not all colors will work as well, I like this flexibility.  And the glosses seem pretty pigmented (I like the Lorac formula).  The Lorac lipstick is a matte, not as satiny as some but not a full matte either.  Some people will prefer to add a touch of gloss.  I really like mattes.  The set also has a good number of cooler shades, while too often these days the sets lean warm (my aunt has cool tones and, while she won't be able to wear all of the shades, mixing lipstick with gloss she'll be able to wear most).

I got one for me or to gift.  I haven't decided and likely guilt and other shopping will be what decides it.  The set is so beautiful.

Sadly, the TF formula is that great.  The regular and matte, though I also really like the moisturecore.  And the shades tend to be flattering, yet sometimes border on edgy and different (yet still flatter).  I really wish the brand would stop raising prices.

I lean more to Rebecca Minkoff than Chanel these days.  I went through a phase of wanting nicer.  Now, as my kids are getting closer to college and I have so much stuff, I'm spending ever more on them and realizing that the other stuff matters less (to me, for now).

I'd love to hear if you do get a Lorac for yourself and what you think!!!

2,767 Replies