Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Packaging Thread

Packaging plays a major role in beauty products. Brands put out releases with special LE packaging. How many times have you drooled over the compact itself or the box or jar? Some packaging is a work of art. This is a thread to show that extra swoon-worthy items you had to photograph and share. I'm a sucker for the PMG lipstick boxes and keep them all. Huda put out a number of lip sets in adorable tins (this tin sits on the bathroom counter). These are a few of my favorite items. Please share yours. I can't walt to see.Huda Contour and Strobe Lip SetHuda Contour and Strobe Lip Set

PMG MatteTrance ElsonPMG MatteTrance Elson

PMG LuxeTrance Sorry Not SorryPMG LuxeTrance Sorry Not Sorry

Yep, it hooked me in 💟 @Imaster

Yep, it hooked me in 💟 @Imaster

Re: The Packaging Thread

I suppose I just don’t care about packaging 🤷🏼‍♀️
It’s cool if it’s pretty but I’m much more interested in what’s inside. 
Example A

Olaplex No.32CF8E62F-BD00-4990-B5A0-6E1C2297D240.jpeg

Arguably very generic packaging, maybe even bland. However it’s packed full of science driven, fact fuelled research that can’t be argued. 

B. Orbie Gold Lust Conditioner A5EA71F3-65A3-424F-8B57-C4FD829FCDB6.jpeg

Much prettier packaging. From the logo stamping on the cap to the colour of the plastic, it oozes luxury. However what’s inside the bottle doesn’t impress me. Pretty on the outside not as impressive on the inside. 

Of course I went to hair care, it’s what I gravitate to. Just my thoughts ☺️

@GG84  Ha, I actually love Olaplex’s package design for its consistency and understated simplicity. I’d planned to include few of their products in a future post for this thread. 

Looks definitely aren’t everything. Viseart 12-pans rely almost completely on the shadows they contain to sell themselves. Urban Decay and ABH’s palettes are flashier looking, but I’ll always choose Viseart over them. 🤷‍♀️ 

@GG84 I agree with your examples,, I love olaplex,, and oribe does have beautiful packaging,, extremely over priced for the actual product

@GG84 I'm not buying for boxes, but I appreciate something pretty. It's definitely important it be a quality product.

@GG84 ,

Of the two, I'm much more drawn to the Olaplex packaging.  I was just talking about the empty shampoo bottle to my husband the other day.  I would like to repurpose it somehow.  It seems too good to throw away.

@tsavorite 

Interesting, I get complaints about it from business owners about it looking “cheap” compared to other lines lol 

Brilliant idea for a thread, @sprocketta! Love when brands put extra care into wrapping everything up just right. 

@eshoe I'm not a MAC person, but I have seen some of their LE packaging and it's always gorgeous. I also almost bought the highlighter from the Smashbox x Vlada collection because it was stunning. And I don't use highlighters. It was really tough to resist.Screenshot_20200604-234618_Chrome.jpg

Beautiful packaging

@sprocketta that is so pretty

That is a gorgeous packaging of powder, @sprocketta 🤩 I haven’t bought anything MAC in awhile, mostly because I haven’t bought anything makeup related in awhile (expect for thePAT McGRATH LABS Mini Eye Ecstasy: Eyeshadow Palette Sublime) which is my first foray into her shadows.

@sprocketta 

Oh wow, I'd never noticed the inside of the PMG lipstick boxes. They're beautiful! (Not that that comes as a surprise to me, all of her boxes are simply lovely.) I had briefly flirted with the idea of keeping my lipstick boxes, but ultimately wound up tossing them like I do with all of my packaging; hoarding runs in my genes and cardboard just wasn't a collection I was willing to start 😂 I do kinda wish I had least saved those though. 

@RGbrown her boxes really vary. Those are thee best 2 of the 6 I have. Some are less special. I thought of getting rid of them and couldn't. I decided to buy a tray to display them. But it won't ship until mid June (😪😪) To be fair, your collection is much larger than mine. I hear you on the cardboard though.

@sprocketta those boxes are so cool,, I have that Huda tin, it's perfect

@lmaster I adore that tin. I was tempted to buy another set just for the tin.

Great thread idea @sprocketta ! I kept the little box the cactus brush comes in, after @eshoe noted how it looks like a flower. I love this powder case! Anna sui things are so lovely and ornate. I also love the Fenty Beauty Glossy Posse tin.

@danielledanielle thank you for tagging me! Yes, this packaging is so pretty. Question. Have you used your brush yet? 

@eshoe, noooo... I'm afraid to use it and the catpaw... d...

@eshoe, noooo... I'm afraid to use it and the catpaw... don't wanna ruin them. 😅

Re: @eshoe, noooo... I'm afraid to use it and the catpaw... d...

Glad I’m not the only one, @danielledanielle 😉

@danielledanielle Anna Sui packaging is gorgeous. I had a few million year old products I was saving for the packaging and gave them up in the move.

Conversation Stats
Photos109
  • Huda Contour and Strobe Lip Set
  • PMG MatteTrance Elson
  • PMG LuxeTrance Sorry Not Sorry
  • Screenshot_20200604-234618_Chrome.jpg
  • 2CF8E62F-BD00-4990-B5A0-6E1C2297D240.jpeg
  • A5EA71F3-65A3-424F-8B57-C4FD829FCDB6.jpeg
  • 6F1D9E6C-4618-4F29-A586-86D942D35888.jpeg
  • 0C41B5C0-60AB-4818-B5FB-7593DC16B65B.jpeg
  • IMG_20200605_085758127.jpg
  • IMG_20200605_102459556.jpg