Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

The Great Rouge Experiment 2

Happy New Year All!

I debated starting this thread again but since I  - inexplicably 😉 - made Rouge again, I figured why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the Great Rouge Experiment - Part 2.  My rouge status is good until December 31, 2017.  Last year we documented every "Rouge-only" perk to determine whether being Rouge was "worth it"  And I figured we can do it again this year to see if the program is getting better (or worse).

Just like last year, every Rouge-only perk or event that I hear about will go on this thread and if you hear anything please please please add it to this year-long running list.  And then on December 31, 2017 we can really assess whether it is worth the extra $600+ to be Rouge and if the Rouge program in general is improving.

Mods, last year this thread was moved to the Rouge-only area which I don't think was helpful to non-Rouge BIs who are wondering about the program.  I'd really like to keep the thread here if you don't mind.  Thanks!

January - 0.5 - Canada's "luckyrouge" event for Chinese New Year

February - 1 - 0.5 -  Sephora x Ren event in NYC

and

0.5 - in-store event in Canada with a really cute red VIB Rouge bag.

March 1 - the selfie light gift with purchase event.

April 0.5 - +1 for an extra day of shopping during the spring sale but -1 for no points multiplier like the BIs got. +0.5 for IGK hair event in Chicago. It cost 2500 points.

May 1.5 - +1 point for the flash your card event (the one with the huge makeup bag) and +0.5 for the preview event in Canada for this weekend's closed door event (It was still technically May lol).  

June 1.5 - +.5 for the US part of the Fall Preview Event and +1 for the $15 coupon

July 1 - +1 for Rouge-only coupon: $20 off of $100 or more.

August - +2  +1 for the extra day and 1 for the extra multiplier during the Summer Splurge Points multiplier event

September - +2  = +1 and the Sweaty Betty points event +.5 and a Bumble and Bumble event +.5 for a total of 2 points.  Not bad.

October - 0

November - +2 = +1 for each weekend that Rouges got 20% off

December - +1 for the extra $5 off of $50 that Rouges received over VIBs with the coupon

Yearly Total - 13 (better than last year! https://community.sephora.com/t5/Rouge/The-Great-Rouge-Experiment/td-p/2324064 )

Re: The Great Rouge Experiment 2

@darkiceis Same here 😞 I think I'm going to give in haha because I do have some skincare items that I need to buy. Every time I'm on a low buy, I tell you...

they need more events besides in NYC and CA

Awesome, thank you so much for letting me know! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Hello July!  Sephora surprised me in June.  We had the US Fall Preview event (+.5) and then (surprise!) $15 coupon last week. (+1).

Even considering the disappointing aspects of the US fall preview (where were the VIB candies?!?), I love the surprise coupon.  Good on Sephora!

Anonymous Insider

It's June! (well it's June in New York 😉 )  May get's 1.5 points.  1 point for the flash your card event (the one with the huge makeup bag) and .5 for the preview event in Canada for this weekend's closed door event (It was still technically May lol). 

So far June is shaping up nicely!

Here's the Fall Preview promo bag and goodies from the Canadian event this evening. 

These Rouge candies are cute! 

IMG_4184.JPG

Spoiler
Bag with promos as advertised:
EDIT as pointed out below, mine seems to be missing the Benefit Ka-Brow sample?
IMG_4180.JPG

The bag next to a gift card for size reference:
IMG_4181.JPG

Castmembers were walking around with freebies:
IMG_4182.JPG

They had a station with ice tea, flavoured water, bottled water and cute Rouge candy.
IMG_4183.JPG

Yay!  I'm so glad to hear the CAN ladies had a good time!  The candies are adorbs.  

Hi all,

I attended the Yonge and Eg store last night. Same goodies- Rouge branded candies, iced tea and Rouge water.

I was there early and was in and out in less than half an hour. It was a nice event!

IMG_0890.JPG

@bonafide11 thank you for posting.  Very cute bag and nice goodies.  Those candies are adorable.  I hope the event in the US will get the same. There are a couple items I'd like to try out.  I'm crossing my fingers that there will be good samples given out.  Looks promising! 

Thanks for posting @bonafide11! Too bad I could not make it as my lil one is sick..I've been wanting to try that laneige lip mask and the bag actually looks cute. The caudalie eye cream is a great bonus and I quite liked the one from a promo last year. 

Maybe I should call them and see if they have any bags left over, though I doubt it with my store since they are the least helpful bunch 😄

Here are the deluxe samples in the bag with sizes:

-Murad City Skin Overnight Detox Moisturizer (7g/0.25oz)

-Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior (7.5ml/0.25 oz)

-Ole H. Sheer Transformation Perfecting Moisturizer (7ml/0.25oz)

-Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rose (2.2g/0.07oz)

-NARS Lip gloss in Orgasm (4ml/0.12 oz)

-Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask (0.10oz/3g)

-Atelier Cologne in Vanille Insensee (4ml/0.14oz)

I hope the US bag has samples too because the bag alone isn't worth the buy-in IMO.

@bonafide11

fyi, there should be a benefit brow product in there as well.. at least it shows one on the email along with the other goodies.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! There wasn't one in mine. I got did get one of those Benefit brow sample from an online order as a free sample a while ago. It's teeny tiny if it's the same sample.

Yeah it's a super tiny sample. They were completely separate from the bag- they were in a container on the counter. I asked about it and they said they weren't really told about it and they hadn't been giving them out but when I showed them the email they threw The brow sample in the bag for me. 

You're super lucky you got all those samples though. They weren't handing any out throughout my store. I would've preferred those samples than the small brow benefit sample.

Same here! I saw a big tub of them on the counter and luckily my SA reached for one of them when she grabbed the sample bag for me. Usually I get the SAs who never give out extras, LOL!

Wow - Nice samples!  And those candies are super cute!  Sounds like a fun evening! 🙂  @bonafide11

Thanks! That's a really nice bag! Is that the Laneige lip mask @bonafide11?

Yep, the lip mask which was a pleasant surprise! I thought it was the sleeping mask at first which I already had samples of. @veronika23

Awww crap. I thought it was... man... I'll call in the morning see if they have any left I guess.  Thanks so much for the confirmation @bonafide11 🙂

Omg..................the mini jar of candy is so cute. I'm so jealous LOL

What do they taste like?

174 Replies
testing