Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

The Great Rouge Experiment 2

Happy New Year All!

I debated starting this thread again but since I  - inexplicably 😉 - made Rouge again, I figured why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the Great Rouge Experiment - Part 2.  My rouge status is good until December 31, 2017.  Last year we documented every "Rouge-only" perk to determine whether being Rouge was "worth it"  And I figured we can do it again this year to see if the program is getting better (or worse).

Just like last year, every Rouge-only perk or event that I hear about will go on this thread and if you hear anything please please please add it to this year-long running list.  And then on December 31, 2017 we can really assess whether it is worth the extra $600+ to be Rouge and if the Rouge program in general is improving.

Mods, last year this thread was moved to the Rouge-only area which I don't think was helpful to non-Rouge BIs who are wondering about the program.  I'd really like to keep the thread here if you don't mind.  Thanks!

January - 0.5 - Canada's "luckyrouge" event for Chinese New Year

February - 1 - 0.5 -  Sephora x Ren event in NYC

and

0.5 - in-store event in Canada with a really cute red VIB Rouge bag.

March 1 - the selfie light gift with purchase event.

April 0.5 - +1 for an extra day of shopping during the spring sale but -1 for no points multiplier like the BIs got. +0.5 for IGK hair event in Chicago. It cost 2500 points.

May 1.5 - +1 point for the flash your card event (the one with the huge makeup bag) and +0.5 for the preview event in Canada for this weekend's closed door event (It was still technically May lol).  

June 1.5 - +.5 for the US part of the Fall Preview Event and +1 for the $15 coupon

July 1 - +1 for Rouge-only coupon: $20 off of $100 or more.

August - +2  +1 for the extra day and 1 for the extra multiplier during the Summer Splurge Points multiplier event

September - +2  = +1 and the Sweaty Betty points event +.5 and a Bumble and Bumble event +.5 for a total of 2 points.  Not bad.

October - 0

November - +2 = +1 for each weekend that Rouges got 20% off

December - +1 for the extra $5 off of $50 that Rouges received over VIBs with the coupon

Yearly Total - 13 (better than last year! https://community.sephora.com/t5/Rouge/The-Great-Rouge-Experiment/td-p/2324064 )

Re: The Great Rouge Experiment 2

@myumew I love them! They're fruity. I thought they were mints at first but nope, a berry fruity taste.

The Rouge Fall Preview Event will be held on Saturday, June 3rd!

@Anonymous

Spoiler
RougeFPE.PNG
RougeFPE2.PNG

@ohheyitscindyk, very excited for this! I love closed door events that are before or after hours. I feel so special at these events and they usually have really good brand reps there. Can't wait for this upcoming Saturday!

@willa25 This will be my first one, so I'm hoping it'll be worth waking up early for haha! I'm glad to hear that they usually have good brand reps 🙂 Speaking of which, do the brand reps usually have GWPs or will they just make samples if you ask them?

Anonymous Insider

@ohheyitscindykI'm excited for this event!

@Anonymous I've been waiting for a closed door event! Hopefully my store has a lot of brand reps 🙂

Was there any kind of one time use promo code for reaching rouge status?

@Madeline7 You get a free shipping code and a 10% off code, both of which can only be used once a year 🙂

I went to the store yesterday to make a purchase and grab the pouch but they refused to give me one since it was with a purchase plus a service only (mini facial/makeover)..I thought that was optional and since there was just 10 mins left to closing I couldn't do either and left without making the purchase since there is no benefit to me in store. I rather get a promo and use my ebates online then. 

I had similar experience too! I went in on friday hoping to quickly make a purchase and get the clutch. Then the SA gave me this whole speech on scheduling me for a makeover or facial. But I was only in the store during my break so I couldn't do neither. So I just had my item on hold until I can come back on the Saturday. Then it was too busy on the Saturday so they didn't even ask me anything abt the makeover/facial. So I just made my purchase and left.

i think it's a nice gesture that they offer these kind of service with gwp. But they shouldn't make it that it's required to have that service done just to get a gwp.

So sorry to hear that the SAs were being difficult with the GWP! The email I received clearly stated that it's free with a $35 purchase and the service wasn't required. 

What a buncha stingy bleeps! The terms of the pouch clearly state "merchandise purchase of $35 or more"...no requirement for a service. I'm sorry that happened 😞

That's so weird! My store was giving away the clutches with $35 purchase. It's strange how the experience is so different at various stores.

This is so true. We have three stores in my city. The one a mile away from me is rude to me every single time I go, but both of the ones up north are super nice and helpful and even throw in samples when I buy there because I'm Rouge. I've gotten to the point where I would rather just buy online.

I think we're in the same city, and yes, I completely agree with you. I hate the south location (though the SiJCP over there isn't bad) and I will always go out of my way to get to one of the other locations! 

Well I'm glad it's not just me! I was starting to think I was doing something wrong. Hopefully you live closer to one of the other locations.

Nope, I'm less than a mile from the bad location, but I'm moving north of the river next month!

Wow, we're totally in the same neighborhood. Hi neighbor!

Small world! Hi, neighbor! The SiJCP nearby isn't too bad. They're usually way friendlier than the standalone Sephora. Some of the salespeople there are generous with samples at the register! 

I need to stop in there some time.

Went into my store today to browse and saw the new Givenchy display, but all the lipsticks were sold out! However, I asked an SA if there were any hiding somewhere, and she found me one in the drawer 🙂 YAYYY! And I got the free pouch! I did NOT expect it to be so big lol! I put my hand in the photo for comparison.

Spoiler
givv.jpg

givvv.jpg

pou.jpg
174 Replies
testing