Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

The Great Rouge Experiment 2

Happy New Year All!

I debated starting this thread again but since I  - inexplicably 😉 - made Rouge again, I figured why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the Great Rouge Experiment - Part 2.  My rouge status is good until December 31, 2017.  Last year we documented every "Rouge-only" perk to determine whether being Rouge was "worth it"  And I figured we can do it again this year to see if the program is getting better (or worse).

Just like last year, every Rouge-only perk or event that I hear about will go on this thread and if you hear anything please please please add it to this year-long running list.  And then on December 31, 2017 we can really assess whether it is worth the extra $600+ to be Rouge and if the Rouge program in general is improving.

Mods, last year this thread was moved to the Rouge-only area which I don't think was helpful to non-Rouge BIs who are wondering about the program.  I'd really like to keep the thread here if you don't mind.  Thanks!

January - 0.5 - Canada's "luckyrouge" event for Chinese New Year

February - 1 - 0.5 -  Sephora x Ren event in NYC

and

0.5 - in-store event in Canada with a really cute red VIB Rouge bag.

March 1 - the selfie light gift with purchase event.

April 0.5 - +1 for an extra day of shopping during the spring sale but -1 for no points multiplier like the BIs got. +0.5 for IGK hair event in Chicago. It cost 2500 points.

May 1.5 - +1 point for the flash your card event (the one with the huge makeup bag) and +0.5 for the preview event in Canada for this weekend's closed door event (It was still technically May lol).  

June 1.5 - +.5 for the US part of the Fall Preview Event and +1 for the $15 coupon

July 1 - +1 for Rouge-only coupon: $20 off of $100 or more.

August - +2  +1 for the extra day and 1 for the extra multiplier during the Summer Splurge Points multiplier event

September - +2  = +1 and the Sweaty Betty points event +.5 and a Bumble and Bumble event +.5 for a total of 2 points.  Not bad.

October - 0

November - +2 = +1 for each weekend that Rouges got 20% off

December - +1 for the extra $5 off of $50 that Rouges received over VIBs with the coupon

Yearly Total - 13 (better than last year! https://community.sephora.com/t5/Rouge/The-Great-Rouge-Experiment/td-p/2324064 )

Re: RE: Re: The Great Rouge Experiment 2

Are these bags usually filled with samples, or are we just getting a makeup bag? 

@txcatx If I remember correctly, for the fall preview event, the Canadian bag had samples in it, but the U.S. bag didn't, so I'm not expecting anything 😞

@ohheyitscindyk  We didn't get samples in the last bag either. 

I'll be honest @KatieBT my feelings are genuinely hurt that there aren't any samples again for the bag in store 😞 

@darkiceis It's disappointing for sure. For the fall preview event, some people said that the stores they went to (in the U.S.) gave away some samples, but my store didn't. I'm going to a different store this time, so we'll see.

I'm not sure if you need to (& if you have to) register to attend the event at an SiJCP, but I'd rather go there & get at least something else with my purchase, you know? There will probably be fewer first access products, but at least it'll prevent me from making too many impulse buys haha. I'll have to wait & see if they announce anything regarding the event.

@txcatx the Canadian email is showing that it includes a small collection of samples, but it definitely varies between the countries!

@Anonymous I definitely did! It's not like I won't hit that, but still...

Re: The Great Rouge Experiment 2

I feel like this should only be worth half a point given how FUBAR'd the sign ups are already. 😭😤😵

@snoflakefaerie It seems like many people are having issues, I wonder why. Both Chrome on my MacBook & Safari on my iPhone worked for me, not sure if that makes a difference or not 🙂

Seems like it was an Android issue or something. Thanks for alerting us it was working on Apple devices! Thankfully, their IT figured it out after a couple hours.

@Anonymous does this count towards the tally?  Rouge First Access for point multiplier.

Image may contain: text

Anonymous Insider

@ZombieMetroAnt Absolutely.  I think it may even be +2 - 1 for the extra day and 1 for the extra multiplier.

That said, after waiting up all night last week for the bears, I want to subtract all the points lol.  I'm hoping that doesn't happen again tonight.

I was Rouge in 2016 and am good through 2017, but . . . I...

I was Rouge in 2016 and am good through 2017, but . . . I doubt I'll aim for 2018 Rouge. The card is cute, but I don't feel like there's enough incentive for me to spend this much every year to maintain my status.

Well, I'm that much closer to hitting Rouge for next year 🤣 If Sephora keeps giving out % discounts and $ off I'll keep spending! Thanks as always Sephora 🙃

@Anonymous

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 9.21.32 AM.png

Anonymous Insider

It's August!!! How... HOW is this year flying by so quickly?!?  This time last year, Marc Jacobs was dropping their holiday palette, that's how late in the year it is.  

Anywhosit, Sephora surprised us again last month with another Rouge-only coupon.  This time it was for $20 off of $100 or more.  I was definitely not mad at it.

So +1 for July.  Did I miss any other Rouge-only perks?  Let me know and I'll update the tally.

@ohheyitscindyk Skincare items are always a good choice. That's what I was thinking. 

Hmmm the 3 new Marc Jacobs eye brushes on my loves list just so happen to add up to exactly $100

@suzyo Isn't that a coincidence? 😄

JUst got this email! $100 is pretty steep, I'm on a low buy. Do I give in??

@itscarin Ooh good point, I had forgotten about Ulta's sale. Thanks for the reminder! 🙂

I agree that it is a steep buy in.  I'm on the fence with this because I think I might rather save my $80 for Ulta's 20% off sale at the end of August.  It only makes sense to use this if there's something you want that is at Sephora, but not Ulta.

3 Replies
testing