Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Piercing and Tattoos , Discussion thread!

Piercing and Tattoos are a big part of body decoration but I can't find a thread dedicated to discuss P&Ts So I thought to start one. (If there is already a thread and I missed it somehow, please let me know and I'll take down mine). 

This is a place to show off your Tattoos and Piercing, share your good and bad experiences. Seek help and suggestions if you are considering to get one or two or more.

IMG_5981.JPG

Images are found through Google search.

Re: Piercing and Tattoos , Discussion thread!

LOVE! ❤️

Love this thread @fatimamummy!  Nothing too exciting for me.  I have one small tattoo on the top of my foot of a heart.  I used to have my ears double pierced but let the 2nd holes close up, so they are now just single.  I also had my belly button pierced for many years when I was in a bellydance troupe.  Since I no longer dance, have gotten older, I let it close up.  But I really miss my bellybutton piercing.  I'm on a new program that is working for me, so you never know..... maybe I'll take the leap again!

This thread....

Image result for me gusta gif

@fatimamummy, perfect timing!  Just yesterday I came across a great picture with an awesome tattoo and was thinking "dang, where does this go?"

Spoiler
So I stuck it in Beauty News but did rant a little on the tat.

Beetlejuice is one of my favorite movies and just look at this gorgeous piece on her shoulder!! Insane, right?
melt.JPG

I will live vicariously through everyone's pics because I'm allergic to pain (and a big wimp!).  

I do have an itty bitty "M" on the inner side of my left ankle and 6 itty bitty ear piercings.  But I do love and admire good artwork Heart

Agree, awesome thread @fatimamummy!!

I started with piercings when I was in high school in the 90s, had my septum, tongue, and multiple holes in both ears. Fast forward 20 years, professional job, and a chronic medical condition that has required numerous surgeries, MRIs, etc., and now all I have are two holes in each ear. But seeing so many young ladies with tiny little septum rings lately has made me start to wonder if mine ever closed up entirely, because I would kind of like to start wearing one again! 

As far as tattoos, I moved on to those once I turned 18 and now have one full sleeve, two tattoos on my other arm, and tattoos on my hips. Mine are all traditional style, roses, skull, dagger, torch, etc. My most unique one is probably my Virgin of Guadalupe, because while the concept is traditional, I tweaked it by making her the queen of hearts - yes, from a deck of cards. 

I have a whole concept picked out for my second sleeve, but unfortunately with my medical issues, I haven't been able to get tattooed for a long time.

Ok, @jriskus - I need to see your Virgen de Guadalupe!  That sounds like an amazing idea.

Spoiler
I'm sorry to hear of your medical condition and hope that's all past you now and nothing but happy days ahead! Heart 

Not the best picture @ZombieMetroAnt, but all I have on my work computer - through my veil from my wedding, LOL! Have since finished the sleeve by adding light blue clouds behind all the pieces to tie everything together.

Tattoocloseup.jpg

Spoiler
And thank you for your sweet words 🙂 Unfortunately it is a chronic condition, but I'm here today and feeling good, so that's all I can ask.

@jriskus the saturation is amazing, its so beautiful!!!!!

Thanks @EmmyLove! My artist always mixed his own colors and it helps that I'm fair and use a lot of sunscreen. My husband has a sleeve from the same artist but his looks a lot less vibrant because he has darker skin and a lot of arm hair, LOL.

This is soooo beuatiful!  @jriskus

It is a beautiful work of art @jriskus. My nose piercing closed due to same reason and I didn't think of getting it re done for a long time thinking what if I have to go through all that again but now I think I am gonna do it. If something happens, I'll change the metal nose pin with a thread or a plastic pin what ever.

@jriskus - Very pretty!

Best wishes with your medical condition!  If you ever need support, we BTers are here to help!

That looks lovely @jriskus! 🙂

11111.JPGOoohhh, that is very nice @jriskus!  And I think the veil adds an extra touch of awesomeness Heart  

Spoiler
Heart sending you lots of good vibes, girlie.  I admire your strength!
Anonymous Insider

Well I don't know. Kinda thankful for my mom for not allowing me to have a tattoo 12 years ago, cause I know I would hate it today 🙂

But I love to see a good tattoo on someone, when done right they can be real masterpieces!

I have a bunch of piercings on my ears. None of them were done the 'correct' way haha. I've had piercing guns used on me, gone to Claire's, had some done free-hand (with a sharp earring pushed into my ear in another country- seems shady but boy was it fun lol) and the only two that were pierced with a needle were my belly button and tragus. Sea Salt water is life- heals everything. I healed my tragus up so quick with that natural miracle! I have my nose and belly button (which is now a bit stretched out after having my son 4 years ago but I still wear something in it sometimes because why not). Last year I got my Tragus done. Obviously I want more 😄 I have 5 small tattoos and want more. Is it ever enough?! 😄

Yesssss! 😄 Great thread. Tattoos are one of my favourite things in life.

I've got 7, my biggest piece is a full sleeve of a phoenix. It was done totally freehand (which was kind of terrifying, but my artist is incredibly talented so I had faith). 😛

Spoiler
Phoenix sleeve.JPG

My only piercings are my ears and bellybutton. 

@Asche um wish I lived near you, this art is effing STELLAR, the flow is absolutely gorgeous

Thank you @EmmyLove! 😄 The artist is so incredibly talented. 

@Asche - That's stunning!

Thank you @Titian06! 😄

Your tattoo is beautiful @Asche! I have been so tempted to get a sleeve so many times but it's so hard to narrow down what I would want the theme to be!

testing