Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Piercing and Tattoos , Discussion thread!

Piercing and Tattoos are a big part of body decoration but I can't find a thread dedicated to discuss P&Ts So I thought to start one. (If there is already a thread and I missed it somehow, please let me know and I'll take down mine). 

This is a place to show off your Tattoos and Piercing, share your good and bad experiences. Seek help and suggestions if you are considering to get one or two or more.

IMG_5981.JPG

Images are found through Google search.

Re: Piercing and Tattoos , Discussion thread!

I have 5 and an appointment for 2 more!

57427652010__240727E0-A505-491F-A5BB-0535B2D7F1DD.JPGekAGHi%3QfKYkOX3qoJ%Ew.jpg48Yi1g2WRBmnD0m%uDQMNA.jpg3Cd8MQkdTtiJDlV6fta1XA.jpgBP1xa%%9S2i3S0zAYrRujQ.jpg

@KehDee Hats off to you for getting a semi-colon.  It's hard to wear mental illness that publicly.  I've considered it and a good friend of mine has one, but I'm just too nervous about it, even if it's in a less visible place.

RE: Re: Piercing and Tattoos , Discussion thread!

Thank you @sprocketta. I’m very open about my mental illnesses and advocate strongly to end the stigma. Plus the tattoo is somewhere I can see it so it reminds me to stay strong

@KehDee I love the script on your shoulder! All are so pretty and different 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT. The shoulder one is lyrics from my favourite song. And it makes me feel like I can get through things in my life
Anonymous Insider

I want to get my nipple's pierced but I don't know what to expect I have other piercings but this would be new to me

@Anonymous I've had mine for 16 years.  Gosh, that makes me feel old.  I did it when I was 18. I don't recall the pain being terrible, but you have to be careful with recovery.  Someone tugged too hard on one of mine and it migrated out as it healed.  Trust me, I was NOT happy about this.  I had it redone but it just migrated out again so I'm down to just the one piercing, but I love it. 

I recently got mine done and here’s some tips!! Don’t cheap out! I did and I regret it so much, one turned out fine but I had to remove the other because it was pierced totally wrong. Research places first and honestly going in and checking them out is a good idea before committing. It hurts but everyone’s pain tolerance is different. For me it was worse than getting my belly button pierced but the healing experience was about the same. If you have any questions about it you can always message me I’m an open book!!

RE: Piercing and Tattoos , Discussion thread!

Here’s my most recent. It was a birthday present to myself. I also have another knot on my shoulder blade (difficult to take a good photo of) and the phrase “Not all those who wander are lost” around my ankle. I have a couple more planned but they’re all event specific, so they’re on hold.

wrist sisters lol mine is an infinity sign but I liked it...

wrist sisters lol mine is an infinity sign but I liked it bc it looks like a cursive "L" @ChristineR07

Re: wrist sisters lol mine is an infinity sign but I liked it...

Nice @lmaster.  It's bigger than I had originally wanted, but otherwise, the design wouldn't have worked. 

Re: wrist sisters lol mine is an infinity sign but I liked it...

I love yours! @ChristineR07

RE: Piercing and Tattoos , Discussion thread!

Awesome thread. Thanks for starting @fatimamummy. I have 8 tattoos (shoulder, abdomen, lower back, both ankles) and 4 piercings in my ears. Used to have and eyebrow piercing which I loved but had to take it out for my corporate job 😞 had some other piercings but gave them up. Thinking of more tattoos particularly a memorial for my two kitties. Just haven’t thought of the right one or where to put it!

Hi ladies, I've been wondering about the vertical labret piercing - have any of you had that done? What was the pain level like and how long before being able to wear lipstick?

Hey everyone! When I saw this thread, I thought I would ask for some opinions on a piercing issue I have been experiencing. I got my nose pierced (just a simple stud) about three and a half years ago. I have been told that, at this point, it should not be painful to change out the jewelry. However, when I attempted to put in a hoop a few months ago, I had to give up and put the stud back in because the process was just too painful. The area looks totally normal and shows no signs of infection/injury/etc. Yet, from other people's accounts, it sounds like pain in this stage of the healing process is not common. Has anyone else had a similar experience and/or possibly knows if I should be concerned? Thanks guys! 🙂

@SchylarR Could your hoop be a bit wider than your stud ? That could be the reason you can’t insert it without experiencing pain. Normally after a few years of having a piercing done and healed you shouldn’t feel any pain . I hope this pain issue gets solved. I had my nose pierced 20 years ago and haven’t had any problems, however the twist has to be gold in order to avoid any problems or rejection.

Re: RE: Re: Piercing and Tattoos , Discussion thread!

I honestly didn't even think of that! Thank you so much! I will definitely check! 🙂 @keana1

Re: RE: Re: Piercing and Tattoos , Discussion thread!

@SchylarR Keep me updated about your situation 😉

@SchylarR After 3.5 years, I would assume that you would be healed.  I've heard that some lubrication can help when changing out piercings.  When I was thinking about changing my navel ring, someone rec'd that I do it in the shower with soapy water.  I never got around to changing it (I've had the same ring in since 2000 without any problems!).  But, I wonder if putting a little bit of Neosporin or water-based lubricant on your piercing would make things easier.  Good luck!  🙂

Thank you so much! I will definitely give it a shot! 🙂 @greeneyedgirl107

203 Replies
testing