Okay... I'm giving it a go with 10 items to completely finish. I tried to pick items that were sitting idle, but that worked well enough for everyday use. Then I heard that MAC was ending the 'back to mac' program so I decided to work on a few MAC products that I'd like to finish off before M31. As I finish off a product I'll roll in another item to keep my number of products at 10.
1. Big bottle of Vaseline lotion -- I will use body lotion, but I really prefer something with a wonderful scent. I still have a few more of these after this one, so.... I'm hoping that putting it in the project will get a bottle out of my house. It's pretty dang full so I need to use this after the shower in the winter while my skin is more dry.
2. May Coop Raw Sauce. I like this. However I've been using an 'essence' in a spray bottle lately and I'm much more inclined to actually use it this way. If I don't see good progress I may decant it into a spray situation. The bottle is also getting way too old for an open product.
3. MAC Fix + Pinklite - Picked this up not noticing that I picked up a bottle of Pinklite in lieu of regular Fix +. I have tried it out and honestly don't notice a major pink shimmer. This was picked purely so that I could Back to Mac it. I'll be curious to see if I can get through the entire bottle by the end of Q1.
4. Summer Fridays Jet Lag - Not my favourite mask. I'm working on getting a consistent skincare routine that I can keep up with. I tend to go hard for a few months then slack for a few months swinging from a 12 step routine to a three. I'm hoping that by changing up when I do my skincare in the evening I'll be able to use this in the cooler months before my shower at night and move it into empties.
5. Vera Wang Princess - This was a nice enough fragrance that my nieces bought me because it was a heart. That was quite some time ago and the fragrance itself is mediocre. I'd like to keep it on my bathroom vanity and get a smile out of it every time I use it.
6. MAC Mineralize Foundation - This isn't my favourite foundation by a long shot, but the shade is a good match and I'd like to use as much as I can before M31. I'm pretty sure by that point I'll be ready to move on and Back to Mac it.
7. MAC Lipglass in Good JuJu - I like the lipglasses, but this shade isn't a favourite and I know that I can finish a gloss in 3 months if I give it a solid go and keep it next to me. This will give me another Back to Mac and a product that should be a 'gimmie'.
8. MAC Studio Fix Concealer - This is another that should be a 'gimmie' for my Back to Mac. The tube is almost done and is a good shade... it's just not my favourite formula for under my eyes, which is where I put concealer.
9. MAC Bronzer - I had this in a project pan like 2 years ago and here we are again. I don't use a ton of bronzer and the shade has some subtle sparkle that I'm not a big fan of. I used this more as a quick shadow in the morning than I ever did as a bronzer. If I manage to hit pan on it before M31... I'll be happy to add it to the Back to Mac pile. I own more bronzers that I really do prefer so I'd rather get some good use out of this the first quarter and then move on to products I love.
10. Joe Fresh Denim Blue Liner - I remember buying this when I was stuck overnight for work without a make up bag. You can bet that I now have one in my truck, boat, camp, work and purse these days. I used this to make sure I'd be able to use it through the project and it works just fine. I don't use a ton of liner so it will likely take a bit but being a mechanical pencil it contains way less product than the UD liners I've been using.