cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to panning, @Mellmars1185!  Great start ๐Ÿ™‚

@CookieGirl1 Thank you! This is really excited to me ! I am glad I found this thread.  I need the support and i think it will be life changing for me! Instead of continuing to purchase I am going to use what i already have ๐Ÿ˜

@Mellmars1185 That's a bummer because that looks gorgeous! Can't wait to watch that pan grow bigger!

@Samtian Thanks! The Milk makeup one is a peachy pink colour. I feel like it would flatter any skintone because it is so sheer. I purchased SEPHORA COLLECTION Golden Hour Luminizing Powder to see if it is similar. 

@Mellmars1185 Let's hope it is!

Lovely choices for this year's pan, @Mellmars1185 , it's going to be very rewarding to watch those two items disappear!

@heavyhedon Thanks! I agree.  I want to find a use for what i have!

Your first but hopefully not your last @Mellmars1185๐Ÿ˜Š We'd love to share in your panning adventures. Panning on not one but two powder products?!!! Brava!!! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‘ 

The new year is literally right around the corner. ๐ŸŽ‰ I say it every year, but where does the time go?!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Here's a final look at my efforts for my 2021 Project Pan!

A nice way to end the year!A nice way to end the year!

Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple is done. ๐Ÿ™Œ I finished this tube right around Christmas. There's probably some product remaining on the interior sides of the tube and I'll cut it open and use the rest today after I take a photo of it with my other empties for the month.

We have a little more pan showing through on tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Paaarty! This is the item I'm most proud of panning-wise because I never imagined hitting pan on this one. Much gratitude to everyone here for encouraging me to keep going with this one over the last two years.  

Progress continues with Julep Your Cuticles Look Thirsty Fast Absorbing Cuticle Cream. I don't think this will make my 2022 project pan but I will continue to use it.

12.2021 Pan - Tarte + Julep.jpg

Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette  - there she is, folks! Sculpture has seen pan!! ๐Ÿ˜ It feels good.๐Ÿ™Œ This palette has been with me from the very first time I decided to try my hand at a panning project. That was 2 years ago. Here's what that journey has looked like, from the beginning until now: 

January 1, 2020: The Very BeginningJanuary 1, 2020: The Very BeginningJanuary 1, 2021: Where We Started The YearJanuary 1, 2021: Where We Started The YearDecember 31, 2021: Where We End The YearDecember 31, 2021: Where We End The Year

Woudn't have been able to get here without y'all and this thread. Thank you, thank you! ๐Ÿค—

Amazing, amazing progress, @itsfi!! I am so so so in awe of your Biba progress!! You're always so encouraging and supportive ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

I love this @itsfi !  I tried to pan a Tarte blusher a few years ago and I swear I could still see some imprint after a year!  That's some dedication to hit pan!!!  And the Biba palette... you should be proud of how much use you got out of it.  Truly shows how worthwhile a palette can be if you use it.

Thank you @missjeanie๐Ÿ˜ It's been a couple of years of really working through what I have - sheet masks, makeup, etc. - and trying to not buy it all and then hoard it. ๐Ÿคฃ The Tarte blush feels like a miracle; going to try to pan a little more this year.

Crazy successful year @itsfi , Look at that palette ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ!!! 

Thank you @ElleElleG! ๐Ÿ˜€ Means a lot for you to say. I'm going to keep with Biba in 2022 and see if I can do a full pan of a couple of the shadows here. This palette has given me something fun to focus on amidst all the craziness of the last couple of years.

@itsfi Yes yes yes yes yes yes!!! I was looking and skimmed over Biba and was like ...Wait a second?! I had to do a double take. It makes me so happy to see pan in Sculpture!! And congrats on your other progress!

l did a double take too @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜† For this entire month, with the exception of just a few days, I have been doing a wash of color with Sculpture. I think I was on automatic pilot for a few weeks too where I'd just grab my brush and swiped the color on my lids as part of my morning routine and then out the door. I let out an "ohhhh!!" when I first noticed the little bit of shiny pan. I didn't know what to do with myself and my eye makeup after that - I had been so used to reaching for just that color. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi Haha that is awesome!

@itsfi --You did it, I knew you could. Sculpture is deep, and OMG the progress on Tusk. So cool to see all this deep pan. I can hardly believe how much of that Tarte blush is gone. And it took me 8 solid months to kill one of those B&BW body cream tubes last year, using it multiple times per day for my hands, so KUDOS! It isn't easy to get through, once you're over the scent, but the formula is rich and lovely, at least.

Ohhhh @heavyhedon, thank you! And, thank you so much for cheering me. ๐Ÿค— I feel like you and others here on this thread have more confidence than I do that pan will actually happen. It's so motivating and encouraging! 

My skin is so dry and it gets even more dry at the end of the year that I go through body creams like ... that! For a couple of weeks this month, I went through a horrible spell of being itchy, extra dry... to the point where I was carrying this tube and other body  moisturizers with me at all times. ๐Ÿ˜‚ That's leveled out, thankfully (it was a combination of the change in the weather and stress). But now I know that if I use one of these tubes twice a day every day, I can get through it in 3-4 months. That will actually come in handy when I take myself off my no-buy when it comes body creams and lotions.

@itsfi -- I hear you, I have to carry lotion with me at all times, everywhere I go-- in my purse and room to room. 

@heavyhedon, are there certain lotions / creams you find yourself reaching for more than others?

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg