Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2018 Challenge!

**11/30/18: The 2019 Challenge Thread is now live: 

Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Updated 10/13/18: "

It's an all out panning blitz, aka USE IT ALL UP!  Finish up those lingering products, hit as much pan as you can, and declutter those things you simply aren't in to.  As @sparklekai noted, we need a fresh start to 2019.

Updated 8/2/18: Ten by 10/10 Challenge

Spoiler
We're more than half way done with 2018 which means it's time to reinvigorate our motivation to pan.  The rules are simple, pick 10 things that you would like to finish and let us know what they are (photos welcome). Remember this is about you and your collection. Pick what works for you and know that there are no right or wrong choices! 

Updated 5/31/18: New Mini Challenge

Spoiler

FOUR by July 4th Challenge:

We're adding a mini challenge to the mix.  Check your stash and pick at least 4 items that you would like to complete by July 4th.  Any product goes and you are more than welcome to pick items in your respective Project Pan.  This is a good chance to finish products that have lingered in your collection and it should provide some motivation to persist with other panning projects.  Let us know which items you aim to finish by July 4th and of course provide photos if possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hey Everyone! As promised, here is our 2018 Panning Challenge Thread.  To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

I will be adding information from the 2017 thread over the next few days but to get us started please share the following:  

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please use this thread to: 

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a committment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particilar shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Need some ideas to help you along the way?  Here are a few:

Spoiler
  • Pan a look:  At the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday Recreate a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an “everyday” look by throwing a different color in your crease or on your lower lash line
  • Roll the dice: pick 2-3 of your most underused shades in your palette and create a look.

For those interested, the 2017 thread can be found here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2017-Challenge/m-p/3604282#M317495

Happy Panning!

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2018 Challenge!

@mmmiu Nice! I also bought mines around the same time as you, but I still haven't hit pan yet!  I'm probably getting real close.

Best,

Steph 

This is an achievement! I hit pan on mine as well and thought I never would since the pan is HUGE. Bittersweet feeling @mmmiu.

Wow @mmmiu!!! Great progress!!! I had it since last year 2017 but havent used it that often. I use it pretty much very consistent this year and havent get anywhere yet.  That's why i pass on the MJ sales 30% off on this baby last month.

Re: Pan It! - 2018 Challenge!

i suck at updates.  accounting, work and children are trying to kill me! so mid way through the month here are the updates from the end of november!

finishedIMG_4058.jpeg

IMG_4063.jpeg

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.20.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.20.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.26.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.35.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.26.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.27.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.27.44 PM.png

progressScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.21.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.23.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.24.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.29.18 PM.png

adding inScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.24.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.24.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.24.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.25.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.27.21 PM.png

just trackingScreen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.30.21 PM.png

Killing it as always @sparklekai !  That eyeshadow palette stood no chance against you!

Omg you're doing so well! and that palette!!! My chocolate bar is probably going to be my pan that palette 2019 and you're an inspiration! 

@sparklekai you're amazing. Panning goals right here!

You've done such an amazing job finishing almost all of your items! I love seeing the progress 🙂 @sparklekai

@sparklekai, fantastic job!!

Dec is killing me, too.  I had a business trip, then I got sick, and the kids have their winter concerts.  I just need to survive until next Thursday.

Awesome update! also, I don’t ever want my hourglass pan to look like that, ever. Great job👍🏼

@sparklekaiWhoo look at all that pan!!!!

I finished using my CT Quad this week. I had originally got it, used it a few times and for some reason didn't like it. This time around I found I like 3 of the 4 shades. I'm thinking of starting a 100 days of eye shadow challenge at the start of the new year if anyone is interested. 

Weekly Charlotte Tillbury Rock Chick After.jpg

Next week is the Viseart Sultry Muse Palette. Another I've used a few times and put away because I didn't like it. We'll see how next week goes.

Weekly Viseart Before.jpg

Y'all 👇

IMG_20181206_111337.jpg

awesome work @fieldsofclover!! 

Wow, that pan is CLEAN!  Great job @fieldsofclover

Just amazing, @fieldsofclover! Congratulations!

That has been well-loved, I can see @fieldsofclover

@fieldsofclover Such a satisfying yet sad feeling when my powders look like this 🙂

My work week this week is finished so here is what I did this week: I used my Colour Pop Singles that I believe were all from the Hello Kitty set they did a while back. I loved two of them, the other two fell very flat. DGAF and Small Gift were the good ones, Rainbow and Friendship File were the bad ones. Weekly Colour Pop Before.jpgWeekly Colour Pop After.jpg

Next week I will work on Charlotte Tilbury Rock Chick.

Weekly Charlotte Tillbury Rock Chick Before.jpg

@Samtian I actually liked the other two but they’re more like glitter topper shades than the regular CP shadows if I remember. I like those because they give an almost wet look to the eye but it’s probably not everybody’s cup of tea.

@makeitup305 Yes, they are definitely more glitter topper shades. Which I am not into. 

3 Replies
testing