Pan It! - 2018 Challenge!
**11/30/18: The 2019 Challenge Thread is now live:
Updated 10/13/18: "
It's an all out panning blitz, aka USE IT ALL UP! Finish up those lingering products, hit as much pan as you can, and declutter those things you simply aren't in to. As @sparklekai noted, we need a fresh start to 2019.
Updated 8/2/18: Ten by 10/10 Challenge
Updated 5/31/18: New Mini Challenge
FOUR by July 4th Challenge:
We're adding a mini challenge to the mix. Check your stash and pick at least 4 items that you would like to complete by July 4th. Any product goes and you are more than welcome to pick items in your respective Project Pan. This is a good chance to finish products that have lingered in your collection and it should provide some motivation to persist with other panning projects. Let us know which items you aim to finish by July 4th and of course provide photos if possible.
Hey Everyone! As promised, here is our 2018 Panning Challenge Thread. To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections. For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.
I will be adding information from the 2017 thread over the next few days but to get us started please share the following:
- Which item(s) you would like to work on
- How long you will work on said item
- Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
- Starting photo of item
Please use this thread to:
- share what item(s) you are working on,
- provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
- ask questions,
- encourage others,
- motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)
Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:
- Take photos!! When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
- If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
- Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc.
- Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
- Have shadows with a ton of fall out? Use water
- Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs. We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
- Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on. It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
- Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a committment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT! Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like. Move on to something else! (This includes excluding particilar shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)
Need some ideas to help you along the way? Here are a few:
- Pan a look: At the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday Recreate a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
- Spice up an “everyday” look by throwing a different color in your crease or on your lower lash line
- Roll the dice: pick 2-3 of your most underused shades in your palette and create a look.
For those interested, the 2017 thread can be found here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2017-Challenge/m-p/3604282#M317495
Re: Pan It! - 2018 Challenge!
Wow! That is a seriously well-loved palette, @ZombieMetroAnt! I just gifted this one to my niece for Christmas - looks like I chose a winner for her!!! <3 <3 <3
Re: Pan It! - 2018 Challenge!
@ZombieMetroAnt I... have never personally seen the shiny metal surface at the bottom of the pan. For me it’s like finding a unicorn. This is amazing!!
Thanks @ElleElleG! I can't wait to join in this year! My...
Re: Thanks @ElleElleG! I can't wait to join in this year! My...
Yay @Lazybeautybeast excited to see what you'll be working on!! I'm in the same boat, time to make some dents 😁