Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2018 Challenge!

**11/30/18: The 2019 Challenge Thread is now live: 

Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Updated 10/13/18: "

It's an all out panning blitz, aka USE IT ALL UP!  Finish up those lingering products, hit as much pan as you can, and declutter those things you simply aren't in to.  As @sparklekai noted, we need a fresh start to 2019.

Updated 8/2/18: Ten by 10/10 Challenge

Spoiler
We're more than half way done with 2018 which means it's time to reinvigorate our motivation to pan.  The rules are simple, pick 10 things that you would like to finish and let us know what they are (photos welcome). Remember this is about you and your collection. Pick what works for you and know that there are no right or wrong choices! 

Updated 5/31/18: New Mini Challenge

Spoiler

FOUR by July 4th Challenge:

We're adding a mini challenge to the mix.  Check your stash and pick at least 4 items that you would like to complete by July 4th.  Any product goes and you are more than welcome to pick items in your respective Project Pan.  This is a good chance to finish products that have lingered in your collection and it should provide some motivation to persist with other panning projects.  Let us know which items you aim to finish by July 4th and of course provide photos if possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hey Everyone! As promised, here is our 2018 Panning Challenge Thread.  To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

I will be adding information from the 2017 thread over the next few days but to get us started please share the following:  

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please use this thread to: 

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a committment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particilar shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Need some ideas to help you along the way?  Here are a few:

Spoiler
  • Pan a look:  At the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday Recreate a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an “everyday” look by throwing a different color in your crease or on your lower lash line
  • Roll the dice: pick 2-3 of your most underused shades in your palette and create a look.

For those interested, the 2017 thread can be found here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2017-Challenge/m-p/3604282#M317495

Happy Panning!

Re: Pan It! - 2018 Challenge!

😂😂 no problem @darkiceis !  Can't wait to see what you choose!

Excited to be participating in this panning challenge! My collection grew by leaps and bounds in 2017, and it's time to use some of this stuff up. I'll be aiming for, at minimum, 18 by '18

The list: 

1. Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer [FINISH] 

2. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream 12 oz [USE 50%] 

3. The Ordinary Marula Oil + The Ordinary Rosehip Oil [FINISH] 

4. The Ordinary Zinc and Niacinamide [FINISH]

5. Epically Epic Argan Oil Mists x2 [FINISH]

6. Bite Agave Lip Mask [FINISH + bonus challenge: finish my backup mini of this] 

7. Bite Agave Lip Scrub [FINISH]

8. Erborian Ginseng Milk [FINISH]

9. Missha First Treatment Essence [USE 50%]

10. Drunk Elephant Shaba Eye Serum [FINISH]

11. Rosebud Salve Lip Balm [FINISH]

12. Glossier Balm-dot-Com in Cherry [FINISH] 

13. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose [FINISH]

14. Guerlain L'Or Primer [FINISH]

15. Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Fluide in 03N [FINISH]

16. Urban Decay Primer Potion [FINISH]

17. NARS Baalbek Eye Paint [USE 50%]

18. THIRTY beauty samples/minis [FINISH] 

I'm still wondering if I'm making this challenge too easy for myself by including lots of skincare and lip treatments. I may switch it up and add more makeup, or double up on certain items that I know for sure I'll finish. 

WOW @concreteroads very nice list!  I think it's good to specifically identify the items you are working on and expand as you go just so you don't invest time in an item that takes away from a primary goal.  

I need to take a serious look at my samples as well!

Girl, I wouldn't call this list easy...some of those 30 mL bottles of oils/serums last me months and months so it still requires dedication! PLUS your last item is actually THIRTY items (mini or not, doesn't matter!) I applaud your ambition, go you!! 

Here's another shade that caught me off guard - this 500-pt perk from UD! 

Naughty name, awesome every-day color:

kvd4.PNG

It came with it's own brush so I carry this in my purse for touch ups when I use it.  

Spoiler
kvd3.PNG

Awesome. I still feel like I missed out by not redeeming that perk @ZombieMetroAnt!

You are on a serious roll!  Really cool to see use out of the point perks @ZombieMetroAnt

Love the doggie as well ZMA!

Well believe it or not I have hit some major pan on an eyeshadow palette!! Yes, me. The one who hates the look of holes on product lol. I will post it soon!

Thanks for starting the new thread, I'll update the Navigation Thread 🙂

👀👀👀 whaaaaat?!?  This is a must see, LOL

Also thanks for adding this to the Navigation thread @Mcakes

Ooh, can't wait to see @McakesHeart

As a side note - I LOVE your new avi... @NotCrocker does excellent work Heart 

Haha thanks @ZombieMetroAnt @Tamara76! I finally found this avatar that @NotCrocker made for me and figured I might as well use it. Call it a BIC version of a vision board 😉 😄

I couldn't agree more, @ZombieMetroAnt!  @NotCrocker is amazing and I hope we see more of her around here in the new year! ❤️

Aww I miss her!  She was so sweet to create our beautiful avis 😘

Thanks @ElleElleG @Mcakes @Tamara76 @ZombieMetroAnt!

I am lurking and slowly planning a return! I will be back soooooon!

Thanks for posting his thread @ElleElleG! I’ve been waiting for you to post a new one for 2018!

Alright, I’ve been pretty horrible at providing updates on my 2017 projects but starting out at the beginning of the year should make it easier!

Here are 3 products that I’ve already hit pan on but want to finish in 2018:

39EAEA1E-FD2B-4BF7-BBE2-A0351F744E65.jpeg

Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Bronzing Veil - this was my first bronzer purchase from 2015. I’ve since racked up quite a collection of bronzers so I just want to finish this and move on to using my others. It’s a great product. If I haven’t bought so many others I’d rebuy this!

Maybelline Better Skin Powder in Warm Beige #30 - this has been my post St. Lucia shade. I’ve used this DAILY since late April...I know I can finish this soon, then I’ll move onto finishing the same powder in Porcelain #10 which is my winter match. I love this product though and I will rebuy the #30 in the summer. 

ABH Powder Duo in Ebony (darker, right) - I have hit pan on the darker shade and just want to finish this product! I like these powders for when my brows are well groomed but I find pencils are easier no matter what shape my brows are in. 

And now for 4 products I want to hit pan (minimum goal for 2018) or finish (stretch goal for 2018):

7336B800-44A1-4C0A-A2F7-A76F35F49ACB.jpeg

Maybelline Better Skin Powder in Porcelain #10 - talked about above 

ABH Powder Duo in Ebony (lighter; left) - talked about above

NARS Blush in Oasis - I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve had this blush for YEARS. But it’s still good. I love this shade on my skin but I think the scary sparkles are what made me stop using it. All the progress on this product was from the times when I used the same blush every day...ohhh those were the simple days. The least I could do is hit pan on this and try to use up my oldest makeup product still kicking around today!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette - I bought this palette on a whim in July 2016, used for awhile then stopped. A few months ago in an Hourglass video I saw them swirl the brush over ALL 3 pans and applying all over for a beautiful glow and that’s how I’ve been using this lately. As a result, I’ve made significant progress—on one of the corners in the middle pan, the powder is no longer domed. I think if I’m persistent I can at least hit pan on the left or middle pan! I don’t use the right pan (Radiant Lights) too often on its own and I don’t swirl my brush too much into it if I’m swirling all 3 pans. 

Phew! Here they are! If I find any other items, mainly skincare I want to finish, I’ll post again!

Hitting pan on face items is like the impossible for me @k617 , very nice work! 

Excited to see your progress on the items outlined!

@ElleElleG I don’t know when I started thinking I can handle having multiple highlighters. I’m not even close on any of them, so none of them are listed in my original post 😂 if I can’t even finish a bronzer in years, don’t think I’d be able to finish a highlighter! Face powders, on the other hand...the only thing I’ll say is, I have a big head and therefore a big face!

LMAO @k617 !!!  Highlighters are definitely hard and I question how I've managed to accumulate the number of highlighters I have.  You don't have a big head or face, think of it as adding a beautiful bow on a nicely packaged present 😉

I think this summer I'm just going to douse my entire body in highlighter just to use some up! @ElleElleG

@k617 Pretty sure you can pull this off 😉

testing