Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Makeup Treasures

As makeup lovers we tend to amass quite a large collection, but we all have our favored treasures. I was hoping we could share and discuss some of our most special items. 

I don't necessarily mean favorites. I mean:

- Sentimental items

- Limited Edition collector items

- Next-Level-Dazzlers (items that take our makeup to the next level, and just make us feel glamorous and extraordinary)

Bring out your goods!  🙂

mermaid

Re: Makeup Treasures

Spoiler
test
Anonymous Insider

ShannonAlexis wrote:

As makeup lovers we tend to amass quite a large collection, but we all have our favored treasures. I was hoping we could share and discuss some of our most special items. 

I don't necessarily mean favorites. I mean:

- Sentimental items

- Limited Edition collector items

- Next-Level-Dazzlers (items that take our makeup to the next level, and just make us feel glamorous and extraordinary)

Bring out your goods!  🙂

mermaid

some of my treasures that i really love is the sephora stick foundation, kat von d eye liner, too faced hangover, abh dipbrow for the fleekiness eyebrows and colourpop and benefit hoola bronzers.some of my treasures that i really love is the sephora stick foundation, kat von d eye liner, too faced hangover, abh dipbrow for the fleekiness eyebrows and colourpop and benefit hoola bronzers.

makeuptreasure.PNG

mutreasuresopen.PNG

Spoiler

MAC Chris Chang Transparent Finishing Powder Pressed: When the sneak peeks were first released I noticed some compacts looked different and that's what got me obsessed with this collection. The print has the same things on it (fish peace sign, ladies, pearls, etc.) but everyone's seems to be different as to where they're located and which ones are the focal point. I remember praying that mine wouldn't have the giant fish in front and center so when I saw the one I got I was thrilled! The uniqueness of it is why I treasure it. <3.

MAC Archie's Girls Spoiled Rich Eye shadow Palette: Archie Comics was the one comic book franchise I actually grew up reading. My obsession with the series is still strong (even revitalized since the Riverdale series on the CW). I went on a 6 year no-makeup binge so when I started getting back into it in 2014 I found out about the collection and was so upset that I missed it! I purchased the pin from ebay and figured that would have to suffice but a friend from a facebook makeup group mentioned her CCO had Archie items and she was kind enough to buy it for me (I repaid her of course)! I really wish MAC would do a Riverdale collection but CoverGirl has squashed that dream lol.

MAC Rocky Horror Show Lipstick in Frank-N-Furter: My friend was in the local production of RHPS and it was my first time seeing anything related to RHPS and I loved it! The MAC collection had just released around the same time so I had to get at least something to commemorate it.

Smashbox Santigolden Collection Hot Lava lip gloss and Earth As We Know It eye shadow collage: I think these are the first limited edition makeup products I ever bought for myself, or at least still love. I love ancient history (Greek and Egyptian) so the Egyptian theme is great. Plus I like one of Santigold's songs and supporting WOC. Gold is one of my favorite colors so it's very pretty to display too. 

Guerlain 2015 Holiday Meteorites: The partially clear and partially frosted top with the white and gold is so cool! I literally changed up my vanity area specifically to compliment this object. At first I was annoyed that it was plastic but after accidentally dropping it twice without it cracking, I'm really glad it's plastic!

Becca The One brush in Gold: I loved the look of these items (I'm including the Champagne Gold Shimmering Skin Perfector which I forgot to take a picture of) and I made the mistake of thinking I could get them with a holiday coupon or on a sale. When they sold out I spent years regretting not buying them. Then a year and a half later someone posted that Becca's limited edition items were available on Hautelook and I just about cried! As much as I regretted not buying them, I don't think I would have appreciated them as much as I do after having to waiting so long to get them.

Charlotte Tilbury Eye Shadow Palette in Fallen Angel: I believe this shade is limited edition. Actually everything mentioned is lmtd but I got this in my Beautylish Lucky Bag a year and a half ago. I love celestial things (I have a crescent moon and stars as part of my tattoo) so the beautiful star packaging and the stars pressed into the eyeshadows make me happy!

Inside the spoiler is what they are and why I like them. Honorable mentions: MAC Gareth Pugh Square Handle Brush (love the bristles, the uncommon shape, and it was a gift from a friend), Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette (so pretty), and Urban Decay Vice 4 palette (again because it's pretty).

@spadersgirl  The Archie collection was a special one, too bad i didnt grab any of the items. Big regret.  

Have you seen Riverdale? I thought that it was well done as it got be hooked and binged watched it.

@darkiceisYES! I love Riverdale! It's in my top 3 favorite shows (with Game of Thrones and West World). I got every one of my best friends to watch it and they all love it...which is kind of funny considering the fact that we have fairly different taste in TV. 😄

@spadersgirlNice! 🙂  I think I have 3 MAC Chris Chang compacts just for that reason lol and also got that CT quad because I couldn't resist the stars on it 😄

It was so hard resisting getting another Chris Chang compact, I don't blame you haha!

@spadersgirlI collect them so I kinda felt a need to have more than 1 of this one 😄

I have a few treasures I guess but will start with these two since I had a pic... Probably my fav MAC packaging ever!  I love this compact and wish I would have been able to get a 2nd one... The lipstick is my unused version. I think we all know why these are some of my favs though 😄 😄 😄

01706191.png

What a pretty color!  I can see why you love it.

It took me a while to choose my top treasures since I love most of my collection but here are the things I would be devastated to lose!

IMG_2266.JPG

Most of these were BT enables or acquired through amazing BT community members. They remind me of loving friends and family.  

One little guy didn't make it into the photo but I couldn't leave it out!  An amahzing Canadian BTer grabbed the SamanthaxMAC collab lipstick for me. I'm forever in awe of the amazing friends I've made here.  

IMG_2268.JPG

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

MJ 'Blacquer' was a good addition, @michelleshops! I thought about including my LE MJ lipsticks, but I already had too many things. My black lip collection might deserve another special things post entirely...

And that Chanel! *heart eyes*

I had a much larger pile but I tried to be strict lol.  

@michelleshops That Chanel is stunning!

Thank you @gonerogue I love it so much.  I've told my husband it goes with me to the grave. My friends and family can have the rest of my stash lolol

So nice that people are willing to help each other out! One of the many reasons why BT is so great!

Agreed!  It always warms my heart.

Love this thread!! A few of my treasures:

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

The Coco box and little gold compact is a solid, powder perfume compact. It's the most beautiful version of Coco, which I love. I bought this on eBay, and it got all scratched up in my purse, which I regret. It comes with a replacement, so I should have some for a long time but so afraid to run out even so.

TF honeymoon, I wore to my wedding. The Carnal Flower I discovered on my first trip to France and hoarded a few samples until I could afford to purchase it years later. The rest are  my most beloved LE items. 

What's the Chanel feather duster? It looks like those fancy-cool pens I was coveting in elementary school. 😉 

I love the Chanel solid perfume and whatever that leopard print compact is. @sister13

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • mermaid
  • upload_6842839818805599727.gif
  • upload_588698327744067915.jpg
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
  • IMG_2128.JPG
  • IMG_4288.JPG
  • eyes
  • treasures1.jpg
  • IMG_4666.JPG