Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

MAY FAVIES BABIES (2017)

can ya believe it ? MAY FAVORITES are here. what are you favorite little babies this month ?

i'm gonna preface mine with saying i'm *not* including the reverie hair products i got recently--that i know some of you are curious about--not because i don't love them (i do !) but because i want to use them a bit more so i can really talk about them properly. 

may17faves.jpg

• PETER THOMAS ROTH rose stem cell bio repair cream. what can i say, i adore this cream. i wanted to try it because i swear by the rose stem cell mask from this range, and it had surprisingly good reviews (surprising because anything that claims to be anti-aging tends to have mixed reviews, i've found, due to varying expectations). it's lightweight and soaks into the skin almost immediately--admittedly a feature i didn't love at first as i'd bought it with the intention of using it as a night cream (and i like to feel like a basted turkey as i go to bed). but i was very quickly swayed--and i now i wear it morning and night. not only does it hydrate, but i've noticed the pores on my nose (my problem area) appear smaller. my skin tone is very even and bouncy. and it's a lovely mix of nature and science (my preference). seriously--if anyone wants to ask me any questions about this, please do, because i want to keep talking about it !
  • NARS x CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG velvet shadow duo, rue allent. i've worn this almost every single day since it arrived at my door (which is virtually unheard of, no matter how enthusiastic i am for a product). it's maybe replaced my HG NARS eyeshadow duo 'bellissima' as my very favorite. the sheer formula sweeps on evenly but can be built up--natural looking liner or dark smokey drama all over the lid. the light side is a perfect inner corner highlight without looking too frosty (something i don't like on me), or can be used as a light sweep over the dark side on the lid for a hint of added dimension. i'm already feeling anxiety over this not being a permanent item.
  • NARS x CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG multiple tint, jo. this is my favorite multiple EVER ! the texture is lovely, it's sheer but buildable. so natural looking but instantly brightening. 
  • THE SUM - THE GOLD EDP. this is the latest launch from a little indie brand out of portland. it's like a beach scent for lydia deetz. beach sand cooled by the moon rather than warmed by the sun. jasmine, clove oil, sandalwood and dirt. i can't stop wearing it.
  • JORDAN SAMUEL - plié cleanser. just a pleasure to use. to be clear, i don't use this to remove makeup, but as a second cleanse or morning cleanser, so i can't speak for that. but i love how it feels--it's very similar, though not exact, to the beloved NUDE omega jelly cleanser. cleanses skin but leaves it feeling bouncy rather than stripped. the price is great too. (this was a gift, and i'm ever so grateful !)
  • RIDDLE OIL -- santal body lotion spray. another scent discovery this month, riddle oil santal is primarily a spicy cardamom and sandalwood scent, with amber, mango blossom and a hint of vanilla. i love the smell (it smells of the incense that was burned in the first yoga studio i ever frequented !), and something about a lotion in this spray form is just such a pleasure. 
  • DIOR addict lip glow color reviver balm. i'm such a lipstick junkie, but it's just not been my jam this month. i needed to check my lips into rehab. and just about all i've worn this month is this ! i sleep in it, i go to work in it. my lips are so hydrated and plumped that i swear they look bigger ! i want a couple more (i just have the original pink shade, which gives the perfect natural brightening pink glow)
  • REAL TECHNIQUES miracle complexion sponge. it took me a while to dare to try it, but i did, and i feel like it changed my life. i get it now. this is definitely my favorite sponge of ones i've tried (including beauty blender)--my makeup melts into my skin in a way i didn't realize it hadn't been doing before. 100% love.

what made you feel fab in may ?

Re: MAY FAVIES BABIES (2017)

That great eh! I have four open mascaras and another dozen samples to use, but i might have to try this before I start use those DS!  I just love the brush style wands and a good volumizing formula.  Those wands with the plastic nubs just do t do it for me. 

I even love ABH Mario more than the Modern Renaissance.  They are the stars of ABH and extremely good quality. I love them @mrsbaine

That's great @blackkitty2014! Funny you mention Modern Renaissance; I don't have it, and was looking up swatches last night. There is one color in there I want; Antique Bronze. It used to be a single but I can't seem to find it anywhere. The Mario palette really is awesome. I like how versatile it is. Typically I don't like anything by the brand, but this impressed me.

@mrsbaine  UMA has been wonderful!  Glad you like it.

87 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos19
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
  • IMG_6319.JPG
  • IMG_4036.JPG
  • IMG_4037.JPG
  • sad.jpg
  • IMG_1749.JPG
  • may17faves.jpg
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
  • 18838388_10211216709390903_1403116983_o.jpg