Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

Help! Oiky skin, Large Pores, Fine Lines/Creasing.

I have large pores around my checks. I have tried Cover fx, Benefit, Smashbox pore filling primers. I have fine lines and they cause my make up to crease on my forehead, smile lines, and under eyes. I need tips and products that will help with all of that! I'm a beginner and on a college student budget.

Re: Help! Oiky skin, Large Pores, Fine Lines/Creasing.

Hi there! what is your skincare routine like? a big reason that you could be having these problems is that your skin is not getting the exfoliation/hydration that it needs for makeup to sit well on top. the first aid beauty facial radiance pads and coconut water cream are a great exfoliation/moisturizer that are more on the affordable side. if you are acne prone you could use the acne clearing pads instead, which contain salicylic acid to chemically exfoliate into the pores. onto makeup, have you ever tried the tarte clean slate primer that comes in a pot? its very thick and a little goes a long way to fill pores. also, do you use a setting spray? it can help with extreme creasing. I like the makeup forever mist and fix for a more natural skin look that doesn't look dry. for creasing throughout the day, I recommend bringing a beauty sponge with you in your bag, and pouncing over those areas that tend to crease to settle them back into place. let me know if any of this helps! xoxo Jacob

Re: Help! Oiky skin, Large Pores, Fine Lines/Creasing.

hi @Anonymous! The key to making your makeup float on top of your skin rather than sink into lines and pores is using a good primer. Depending on your makeup (water vs silicon based), there are many primers that may work for you. I personally like Smashbox and Deciem products to help my makeup look nice all day without a lot of settling into my laugh lines. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing