Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

FEB 2017 FAVORITES !

so i know i did not do a favorites thread last month, i apologize. but here it is ! what beauty things have you been loving the past couple of months ?

i have 2 fragrances: TOCCA - colette and D.S. & DURGA siberian snow. both of these are perfect for grey cold days. now, where i live it's been insanely warm for february, but we still get spurts, and sometimes i can create the "feeling" of the seasons even if the weather is failing to cooperate. colette is cozy and a bit sweet, with juniper berries adding a lovely crispness. siberian snow is a stark and chilled amber and incense with mint (a proper herbaceous mint, rather than a mentholated one); it's designed for women though i think it is very much unisex. 

PIXI x CAROLINE HIRONS double cleanse. this should come as no surprise. i particularly love the cream cleanser (crossing all my fingers and toes they end up releasing it separately as i'm getting through it much quicker than the balm). i love cream cleansers, particularly this time of year, and this is my favorite one i've ever used. unlike so many cream cleansers, though, it contains no shea butter (which can trigger break outs on me), and feels quite 'thin' (somewhere between a milk and a cream, much like the consistency of soft creams). it almost feels like it sinks into the skin, but then still wipes off completely clean with a washcloth. in love.

NARS soft matte complete concealer. this is my new favorite concealer. it is my color (chantilly), it actually covers my under eye dark circles (wow) and it blends so easily and seamlessly. i can't imagine being without it now. i had been devoted to the radiant creamy concealer for yearrrrrrs, but these days need more help with the dark bags under my eyes. this has done it.

NARS velvet lip liner. i'm super picky about my lip pencils: they can't be too dry, but what i hate more is if they're too slippy. what i love about the nars liner--these are the proper lip pencils, not the fat velvet matte ones--is that they're a bit thick. i think this is likely polarizing, but the texture helps anything i put on top of it (lipstick, or the velvet lip glides which work magnificently with these) bind to my lips. i find these liners make my lips look fuller and plumper. i want all of them.

AVEDA dry remedy hair oil. this stuff is everything i've ever wanted. a PROPER hair oil that is SILICONE FREE !!!! the past year i've learned that i can't use silicones in my hair--i just need too much product to be effective, then the silicone ends up weighing down the hair and causing breakage. this aveda oil is my hair's best friend--it drinks it up but never weighs it down. adore.

BITE BEAUTY amuse bouche lipstick - fig. i almost left this one out and i can't believe it because it's been my favorite surprise of the month ! fig is special. on me, i find it to be a skin brightening pink. while it doesn't look particularly natural, it doesn't scream LOOK AT MY PINK LIPSTICK either. i can't quite explain it. but for me, this one is a keeper, and quite possibly my new favorite shade from the amuse bouche line.

feb17faves.jpg

Re: FEB 2017 FAVORITES !

I want Misconduct and Mauritanie ❤️

@Mochapj A 3-way baby? Only from NARS hahaha 😂

Well...they do have another blush called Threesome. 😛

@Asche Ah, there it is. 

Glad to hear you are loving Nars Misconduct. 🙂 I'm eager to get my hands on that one. 

Burberry Sheer Fluid-Tried a sample, I'm in love.

Wayne Goss Air Brush-Finally used it. I bought it when it first came out, and its sat unused. I wasn't sure what to use it with. 

Perfume Vials- I love these things. So great to try out new scents. Especially expensive ones I couldn't afford otherwise 😄

Isn't the Air Brush lovely 😄 

IMG_2474.JPG

Stila Magnificent Metals- as you can see, I almost have all shades 🙂

Marc Jacobs Enamored Nail Polish in Sunday's Cool

Dior Lip Glow in Berry

Love your collection! Now I'm even more excited to get my hands on some of the Stila metals 😄

Yay monthly faves! I picked up a few new things this past month and have been really happy with them:

NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer (in Vanilla) - Yup, this is a fave of mine as well. It doesn't give me as much coverage as the KVD Conclear Creme, but it also doesn't look as heavy. The colour is also a perfect match.

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation (in Fair Neutral) - Broke down and bought this after all the hype I've seen. I had to see what it's about, and thus far I really like it! It's a lot more lightweight and sheer than I expected, but can be built up. The shade is also perfect. I think this will be my go-to foundation all summer.

Benefit Goof Proof Pencil (#2) - I've been really critical of this pencil, I did not think it deserved the ridiculous amount of praise it was getting. But lately it's been my go-to for quick, perfect brows, and the colour is great. So I guess I need to lighten up on it. 😛

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow - Such a beautiful bronzer. The shade is perfect and it blends so beautifully. 

Drybar Blonde Ale shampoo - Still obsessed with this stuff, and it's been nearly a year. It's the best purple shampoo.

@Asche  I've been so curious about Filmstar Bronze and Glow.  Does it have an orange tones to it?  I'm pretty fair and it's difficult to find a good bronzer shade.  Thank.

I wondered if anyone had tried the Blonde Ale shampoo! I'll need a good purple shampoo after mine from the hairdressers runs out, and couldn't decide! Is it drying at all? I like to use it every second wash it keep my hair bright, but it's very drying. @Asche

@Haleyhale I wouldn't describe it as drying, but I don't find it especially hydrating either. It's just a great purple shampoo. I use it 2-3 times a week and my hair doesn't feel dried out at all (but I also use hair masks regularly). 

Ok, excellent, I will try it! I also use a lot of hair masks since dying it, I just keep trying new ones, DS sized ones, samples. Where before I wouldn't get any samples or perks for hair but it's become my new search. @Asche

I hope you love it as much as I do! 🙂

Hi @jemly! Here are my current Favorites.

IMG_2433.jpg

*Dior Nail Glow - Clean, fresh, long lasting. I don't wear a colored polish very often, so this makes me feel a bit more put together. 

*Nars Audacious Lipstick 'Rita' Special Edition packaging -  It's true. I bought this partly because I loved the packaging. I mentioned the other day that I wore a red lipstick just to go grocery shopping. This was it. I'm playing catch up for all the years I didn't wear lipstick. Lipstick makes me happy.

*May Lindstrom The Honey Mud - I use this as a cleanser and a weekly mask. I will repurchase, even with her recent announcement of price increase. I enjoy this cleanser tremendously. It is gentle, nourishing and the smell is downright addictive. 

*Savannah Bee Company Acacia Honey - I guess I'm on a Honey kick. I use honey in my coffee, tea & on food. I eat Raw Honeycomb daily. I think Honey has some amazing health benefits. 

*EcoTan Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub - I had my eye on this for a while. I follow Ecotan on Instagram. I waited until they offered a free shipping deal and went for it. This is my third bottle. It offers serious exfoliation, smells great and is Certified Organic. It doesn't take much. Soft skin. 

This was fun! Have a great day, everyone!! 🙂

That's my absolute favorite honey.  I like their orange blossom one as well. 🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • IMG_2433.jpg
  • IMG_2474.JPG
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpg
  • IMG_2060.JPG
  • IMG_0026.JPG
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 9.11.18 PM.png