Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Blocked from shopping online with Ulta

I was recently blocked from shopping online with Ulta. I was told that I was labeled a reseller when I was trying to buy a single item online. Has this happened to anyone else? What are your thoughts about Ulta blocking people like this?

Re: Blocked from shopping online with Ulta

I recently got blocked from making online orders on ulta and the reason they told me I was blocked was due to multiple identities and payment methods which makes no sense since my personal debit card is the only payment method I have. I have contacted customer service and they have been no help at all so I even emailed the ceo I know that’s a long shot that he’ll even see it but I’m just hoping to get this issue resolved asap. Super frustrating since I’ve spent thousands of dollars at ulta and I’m even a Diamond member.  

I received a ban and the reason they told me is because I disputed a double charge on my account for $21. That is an outrageously petty reason to ban someone from shopping your store online. 

That’s the same thing they told me! Apparently, that’s the verbiage that tell anyone they flag as a reseller. I am able to order online again, but honestly, because of that situation, I do not shop there as often. I was a Diamond member too. 

how did you resolve your issue? Pease share

l

how did you resolve that issue?

@jesseme  I'm sorry this happened to you. 😞 I've had several issues with Ulta over the years, but no shopping bans. Most ban stories I hear are from customers who made too many returns within a certain amount of time. 

I've made a couple of small online orders—as little as 3 items, maybe even just 2—but no single item orders. I can see how placing several single item orders can look suspicious to Ulta (and TRE, if Ulta currently uses them to track this kind of thing). But not for placing just one single item order. If the order was made by a customer who's also done several returns, that's likely another red flag. 

@jesseme That hasn't happened to me.  I have heard if you buy a lot of single items that your account could get flagged or if you return items a lot.

@SportyGirly125 I'm curious - why would buying a lot of single items be a suspicious practice?  

@greeneyedgirl107 For reselling items.

@SportyGirly125 Are you referencing buying multiples of a particular item?  Like several of the same item in one order?  I guess I thought you might have been referencing buying just one item at a time.  I don't return to Ulta a lot, but I'd say I return more at Ulta than other stores.  I just wanted to be in the know so I don't get flagged for anything.  (I have been known to stock up on many of the same item in one transaction, but those are staples and are always when they're on sale!)

Thanks!  🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 It could be different reasons for getting flagged. Buying multiples of the same item, buying multiples of the same item and then returning some of them, doing a lot of single item purchases in a short time span. 

I was literally trying to buy lotion. I have a suspicion that it is because of my shipping address. We have to use a delivery service called Fetch. So you have to ship to the business address. 

Regardless, when I have called to try to resolve the issue, I get transferred multiple times and keep being told it was escalated and closed and there’s nothing they can do. It’s so frustrating. 

So how did you get your issue resolved?

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing