Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Beat the heat! ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŒž

Iโ€™m literally dying itโ€™s so hot and my makeup has been melting and sliding no matter which combo of my primers/foundations/setting sprays I use. For my hot climate beauty lovers, what are your tried and true: Primers Foundations Concealers Powders Setting sprays That beat the heat and last alllllll day? Let me know!

Re: Beat the heat! ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŒž

I live in the desert (for real, it's not an exaggeration), and during the summer it can be upwards of 110+ degrees. It took me a while to figure out what makeup to wear, because I work as a flight attendant, and I have to look presentable for an extended period of time, sometimes in extreme conditions (sun, dry air, humidity, you name it).

I have combo skin, oily in the T-zone, normal on the cheeks.

I always start with a HA serum, to maintain hydration throughout the day, followed by a gel based moisturizer, and eye cream. Depending on the coverage I'm aiming for the day, I may or may not use primer at all. If I want the full fantasy, and going for a medium to full coverage, I use the Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer .75 / 21g or TOO FACED - Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer โ€“ Peaches and Cream Collection.

For foundation I use MAC Studio Fix Powder, as it's buildable, and gives me a medium coverage. It melts into the skin as the day go by, and you can touch up without disturbing it, if you use a beauty blender, or other good quality dry (!!) sponge. I do layer it sometimes with liquid foundation underneath it, my go to usually Too Faced Born This Way Natural Finish Longwear Liquid Foundation Brulee

I live for the Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mL, it does help to keep your makeup in place, even in extreme weather.

So basically moisturize well before, use a powder foundation, and set it with a spray! Oh and don't forget to drink plenty of water in this heat! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Anonymous Insider

I don't have the best skin texture from acne and after my pregnancy I got the mask of pregnancy (brown spots)... So I'm real self conscious about my skin. I have the melting issue a lot in Cali.... What I've noticed tho is if u just wear a tinted moisturizer maybe apply first let dry then again, it's just over all better. U can still conceal dark eye circled. ..But it's better for ur skin and if doesn't make a mess as much. Just an idea tho. Otherwise I stress primer primer primer and a setting spray. No powders. Hope this helps. . Good luck

@jamiiief I live in CA and it feels like Summer most of the time.  Recently our AC at work broke for 3 days and it was in the 90s in our office and humid.  My office being the hottest because of the windows.

During the Summer time, I like to wear my regular makeup but instead of my CT powder I switch to my MAC blot powder and use Morphe setting spray.  I can say that my makeup didn't budge and I didn't have to blot during the entire day.

@SportyGirly125 I wouldโ€™ve freaked out if the ac at work broke. Iโ€™m normally one of those people whoโ€™s cold all the time but being pregnant has me running around the office sleeveless. Youโ€™re a trooper for dealing with that!  Hope the pregnancy is going well!

@itscarin Trust me it was not fun.  I am pregnant and due next month so it was really not fun.  I had a bag of ice and a fan to keep me cool.  That was my portable AC.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing