Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

APRIL 2017 FAVES, BABES

april showers bring....new (and old) favorites ! (an aside: i love just about everything i got in the sale this month; some stuff needs more time before i want to talk about it, but some stuff--after having for about 2 weeks now--are solidly favorites !). no skincare for me this month, just stickin' to my tried and true.

april17faves.jpg

not pictured: KVD lip liner and CIRQUE nail polish (see below)

• NARS dual intensity eyeshadow -- sycorax. i've been using it both as sheer smoke around the eyes, and as diffused liner. it's brilliant as both. i haven't used it wet on the lid, yet, so i can't speak for that, but used dry it is sheer but buildable, and not patchy (something i find quite hard to find in black shadows) i basically think this is a perfect product, and i can't believe it took me this long. ("Sycorax is an unseen character in William Shakespeare's play The Tempest. She is a vicious and powerful witch and the mother of Caliban, one of the few native inhabitants of the island on which Prospero, the hero of the play, is stranded.")
  • REAL TECHNIQUES eye shade + blend brush set. this set is the base shadow brush and the deluxe crease brush. i lovvvvve them. as a lot of y'all know, i'm not too fancy--i typically never use more than 2 colors on my eyes, and a fluffy blending brush does me just fine. the base shadow brush is just perfect--it picks up product with easy, and blends it with such ease. i haven't been using the deluxe crease brush much--but it's a perfect 'diffuser' brush, and i've used it some, too, for face powder on concentrated areas.
  • NARS light reflecting loose powder. i've had this for a long time and use it regularly, if not sometimes rather sparsely. this month i found myself using it everyday and reminding myself just how gorgeous this stuff is. sets makeup, light perfectly diffuses pores and texture and gives a properly luminous--not shimmery or glittery--glow.
  • LIP COMBO: MAC spice lipliner with NYX liquid suede 'soft spoken'. this dominated my look the first half of the month. darkened nude but totally wearable. some people don't like the liquid suede formula, but i adore it. 
  • KAT VON D everlasting lip liner, lovecraft. this dominated the second half of the month for me. lovecraft is only slightly darker than the 'lovesick' everlasting liquid lip in 'lovesick' which is one of my very favorite nudey pinks. the formula is creamy but not slippy (i hate slippery lip pencils !), opaque and lasts ALL DAY. i wore this almost everyday since getting it, only to have it fall out of a pocket last night. i've already repurchased, because i don't want to be without it. my only qualm with this product is that i think it will not last longer than 6 weeks, as the softness of the formula leads to a lot of product being used at once. that $18 price tag will add up quickly if that's the case.
  • NARS sun wash diffusing bronzer, 'laguna'. what can i say, i've worn this every single day since i got it. it's rather sheer but buildable, so foolproof (which i need as a bronzer newb) as well as suitable for fair skin. if you followed my experience of buying it in the NARS thread, i ended up getting laguna over the fair-skin intended 'seaside' which i was afraid would look too orange, and while i'm not sure how 'seaside' would've worked out, i can attest that laguna is not too dark for fair skin--aided, of course, by the lovely, sheer and MODERN formula.
  • CIRQUE nail lacquer - 'fast fashion'. i don't own this, i sell it in my shop and used the tester for an instagram post. and i was instantly in love ! i'll likely be buying some for myself, and this is surprising for a few reasons: i'm not a nail person, i can't be bothered, as well ast....it's a pink ! a nude, warm (rather than the more ubiquitous cool) mauve, and i'm just feelin' it. i've painted my nails 4 times with it ! i never do that ! 
Spoiler
cirquefastfashion.jpg
  • BURBERRY eye contour shadow stick -- almond. perfect everyday shade for a bit of definition but otherwise natural look. if you're a fan of maybelline color tattoo in 'creamy beige' or mac paint pot 'groundwork', 'almond' is very similar, but in a stick (which i know some people prefer). it goes on very creamy, but dries down very quickly (blend fast !) and then doesn't budge. this one won't be leaving my makeup bag 🙂

Re: APRIL 2017 FAVES, BABES

All those lippies are so pretty! 

XOXO,
Marieke

This is one of my favorite threads! And here are my favorites this month. My signature product photos usually include fresh flowers, but unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with the grocery store selection this week, so here's a crystal, ha.

W3ll People Colorstick in Berry Aubergine. I've been trying out some natural makeup lines, and this one happens to be local! I like this as a blush.

Kat Von D 100 point perk liquid lipstick in Lovesick. This had been one of my go-to colors for work. I'll eventually have to get the full-sized version.

Givenchy Le Rouge in Corail Decollete. This was my splurge during the spring sale. It's been on my favorites list for months, and I'm so glad I finally got this gorgeous color!

Milk Holographic Stick in Mars. I was lucky enough to get this gratis (thanks again, BT mods, Sephora, and Milk!), and I'm surprised to find that I LOVE this. I was hooked on the RMS Living Luminizer for weeks, but I've been reaching for the Milk highlighter sticks every day lately.

IMG_3833.JPG

I'm not a fan of cream products, but the Milk highlighters are super pretty! 

XOXO,
Marieke

@txcatx,

I love the geode!  Nice substitute for the flowers!

@txcatx - I love your geode!  I have a geode as well as a pretty good size rock collection.

What a gorgeous geode! It really is funny that whenever I see a picture with a flower on here I automatically assume that it is yours 😛 I had no idea that W3ll People was local, now I want to explore that brand some...

This month I rediscovered a couple of palettes when I reorganized my makeup, a newish item, an old favorite, and a brand new product.

- Smashbox Heatwave eye shadow palette (rediscovered)

- Gwen Stafani/UD blush palette (rediscovered)

- Dr. Jart Cicapair Tigar Grass Color Correcting Treatments:  Still love how this minimizes the appearance of my pitted acne scars.

- PTR Anti-aging Cleansing Gel:  Still my fave!

- Skin Laundry Brightening Serum w/Glycolic Acid:  Started using this a few days ago, so far so good.

@Titian06, I've jus tthought about getting the Color Corrector Cream! I have some acne scars that I want to address. I gotta go get a sample. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

@Titian06 i just love rediscovering old loves in my collection !

Great picks as always @jemly ❤ I love the way you talked about sycorax, now it's on my Loves list! Seems like the perfect product to keep in a makeup bag for when you want to take a look from day to night. The Burberry stick in almond also has me intrigued. I really like their powder products but I haven't tried any of their creams yet. 

I will be back later with my favorites 😉

Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • april17faves.jpg
  • cirquefastfashion.jpg
  • IMG_3833.JPG
  • IMG_3375.JPG
  • IMG_3377.JPG
  • April.JPG
  • aprilfaves1.jpg
  • aprilfaves2.jpg
  • IMG_7449.JPG