Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

Leg hair grows back after a day of shaving

I know that waxing will help prevent leg hairs from growing back fast, but I don't like waxing. 

However, every time I shave, my leg hair grows back the next day & it is super thick. Are there any at home remedies or products that I could help slow down my leg hair growth?

Also, I have developed some in growth leg hair. Any products that will be able to help?

Thanks!

RE: Leg hair grows back after a day of shaving

I’ve been using Pure romance coochy shave cream and over the past year it’s made the hair grow back thinner and makes the shave last longer with no bumps. I’ve started using Shaveworks Pearl soufflé shave cream and it’s amazing as well. I always double exfoliate my entire body than use the cream everywhere and shave. It helps so much then out of the shower I use an aftershave mist so I have no ingrown hairs or bumps. I can go a few days without shaving now
Anonymous Insider

Re: Leg hair grows back after a day of shaving

I have the exact same problem... it's awful.  I purchased (from amazon) a laser thing and although it's a little  pricey (from 40-90 depending on which one) it really works.  it like burns the hair at the folicle and makes it so thin, then with continuous use it never grows back.  and you can't feel a thing.  I would actually sell mine to you if you are interested or let you use! Screenshot (275).png

I thought that's normal... I'm pretty much used to shaving legs daily.

RE: Leg hair grows back after a day of shaving

Try laser hair removal!! It makes such a difference for hair growth. I’ve had laser hair removal done a few times. It’s been over a year since I went for my last session and I barely have to shave my legs.
Anonymous Insider

Try a five blades razor I use it on my legs.oh I am a man who shave his legs

As I read through the comments, I realized I bought the Tria Hair Removal Laser from Sephora a couple of years ago and totally forgot I have it packed somewhere.

For the longest time I shaved my legs with shaving cream, but recently I noticed my legs stay smoother longer when I just use my loofah and body wash to shave. I know it sounds crazy, but it seems to work better for me.

I have the same problem and have never found anything that helps, although there are some drugstore lotions (or were a few years back) that say they can slow hair growth, I think Aveeno or Jeroen's had them.  Otherwise, I've just found the Mach 3 razor to be the best razor that seems to give the smoothest shave. 

Anonymous Insider

Screenshot (275).png

I use an epilator and it really helps -- definitely hurts at first, but you get used to it and the current ones don't hurt as much as previous ones did. But if you have a lot of extra thick hair everywhere, it might be worth checking with an endocrinologist, there are several hormonal issues that can cause excess hair growth in women.

@lisa425 Some of those at-home laser hair reduction tools are supposed to work fairly well now.

I know you don't like waxing, but that's really the only thing that helps me.

I have the same problem, haven't yet found anything to stop it growing so fast. But I've gotten rid of my ingrown hairs by using pure aloe vera gel.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos2
  • Screenshot (275).png
  • Screenshot (275).png
testing