Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Starter Skincare Routine For My Mom (50's)

Hi everyone!

Mym mom's birthday is coming up and I was thinking of giving her some skincare products. Her current daily/night time routine consists of getting dressed, brushing teeth, and going about day/night. I was hoping to get some help on what might be some good products to give her that aren't too expensive or hard to use. I was hoping to get one product up to $50 or two products up to $75 together. If anyont has any ideas that would help so much!

My mother is in her 50's, has dry skin which looks very dull and has wrinkles. I have some samples I plan to give her that I recieved not too long ago along with the other products which are in the spoilers below.

Spoiler

Current samples:

• Claudalie Vinoperfect Serum Eclat
  • Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream
  • Morocanoil Treatment (she has dry, very thin hair which is wavy unlike my straight hair. Some hair suggestions might help too)
  • Sunday RIley Tidal Enzyme Water Cream
  • Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
  • Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior
  • SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
  • Dr. Jart Tiger Grass Cream

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Starter Skincare Routine For My Mom (50's)

Hi @HotPinkUnicorn,

I'm late 40s and did not have a skin care routine until I worked here. I also have dryish skin. Here's what's working for me. 

NIGHT: Cream or oil based cleanser like belif creamy cleansing foam. I don't wear anything on my skin while I sleep (please don't tell @katiebt).

DAY: Belif moisturizing eye bomb plus *any* serum (Caudalie is awesome) followed by a serious moisturizer like GLAMGLOW waterburst. Also Brazilian Bum Bum for body cream. 

Keep it simple. I hope she loves it!

Oh yeah belif and Philosophy have nice starter kits too.

@HotPinkUnicorn  Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx (especially the Eye) is a MUST .. I was 52 in February. Check out my profile pics 😉

RE: Starter Skincare Routine For My Mom (50's)

Sunday Riley: Ceramic Slip, Good Genes, Luna Belief: moisture cream or bomb depending on skin type, pete moss eye cream Farmacy: Honey Save Fresh: Black Tea Mask All great for mature skin. Don’t use the Good Genes every day. Unless her skin is used to acids.

Starter Skincare Routine For My Mom (50's)

I'm going through the same for my mom who is turning 49. I just bought her Ole Henriksen Little Wonders for $72. personally I love these products and hoping she will since she forces me to try products before she get them.

Hi @HotPinkUnicorn 

What a thoughtful gift for your mom!  Sephora carries some great skincare kits that might be of interest to you and your mom can try out a few products to see what works best for her skin. 

I like the OleHenriksen 3 Little Wonders Set ($72) which includes the vitamin C product @Laynelayne recommended (the serum is a great!).  There's also the Algenist PureGenius Collection ($80), which has a sample size of their popular liquid collagen serum (a little goes a long way). 

https://www.sephora.com/product/3-little-wonders-P124716?icid2=:p124716:product

https://www.sephora.com/product/pure-genius-collection-kit-P425424

Anonymous Insider

Great! this makes me so happy!

Hi there @HotPinkUnicorn. I’m 57 and I really like Caudalie products a lot. I just started using their Overnight Detox Oil and I’m really liking the results. It helps with dullness, uneven tone and fine lines. I also like their Intense Moisture Rescue Cream which is a moisturizer for very dry skin. It sinks in without leaving skin feeling greasy. A good eye cream would be something to consider too. My favorite is Farmacy’s Dew It All. None of these items is terribly pricey (compared to some other things out there) and basic enough to ease her into a skin routine. 

I also have fine curly hair though I have a fair amount of it and I’m a big DevaCurl devotee. You may be able to pick up a starter kit that’s geared to her particular hair curl type (wavy/curly/super curly) so she could give the products a shot. Good luck and wish mom a happy birthday for me!

RE: Starter Skincare Routine For My Mom (50's)

Hey Girl! You should definitely look into the Truth Serum by Ole Henriksen!! It has vitamin c in it which will brighten her skin up and even help with any age or sum spots!!🍊 Also for hair, look into Devacurl products! They’re pretty new to sephora and even though your moms hair isn’t corkscrew, there might be some products or moisturizing masks to look at! Which reminds me that Sephora has hair masks too!! Let me know how these work!! (Also the serum and a devacurl product would probably total around 75$. ) Hope this helps!! 💋
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing